3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N812LA
Airports: KFCI

Re: Left alternator failed

Post by Donkadillapig »

Boatguy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:44 pm
mfdutra wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:28 pm I have the dongle, but I've never used it. Laziness. I need to learn all that.
Besides allowing analysis of engine operating data, the Austro Wizard can clear latched errors. If upon restart, the latched error immediately returns, then it's probably a real problem rather than a transient error. That said, the real problem could still have been a sensor or voltage regulator, not the alternator itself.

It's a nuisance, but on any overnight trip away from home, I now carry my laptop. Virtually all of us fly with an iPad. If you're listening Diamond/Austro, it would be so much more convenient if you created an iPad version of the Wizard. It would also be much more efficient for DSCs, Diamond support and Austro support if owners could capture diagnostic data, and implement simple diagnostic procedures like clearing latched errors, in the field. Much less expensive than having a Diamond field or DSC rep travel to the AOG airplane.
HAhahahahaha "If you are listening Diamond/Austro".... hmmmm I think we all know the current answer to that!!!