3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Business configuration (STC 62-002)

Post by bdbogle »

Has there been any word if the DA62 can be delivered with the 6 seat "business configuration"? Looks like the STC is in place but is there a hold up because of Canada for US destined aircraft? I've got a delivery (for now 9/24) from Austria and I'd rather have the 6 seat config if possible. Looks like the middle row reclines a bit vs the 3 abreast seating.
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Re: Business configuration (STC 62-002)

Post by MackAttack »

I have not heard anything (I am interested in this myself), but one point to add - there will not be a six seat configuration. With the executive seating in the second row, the seats are pushed back for more legroom and that plus the recline would impede egress for third row occupants. Therefore, the 62 will have either 4, 5 or 7 seats, but not six. That’s what I heard at OSH when I asked about it…. Premier could confirm that for you and if I’m incorrect, I have confidence that our fellow forum members will gleefully correct me! :)

Cheers
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by bdbogle »

The Design and Interior pdf from the Diamond Website says otherwise: https://www.diamondaircraft.com/fileadm ... EEN_01.pdf
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

I see that in the diagram, but the one photo they have shows the cargo bin not the 3d row behind the executive configuration. I had the exact same reaction and was told otherwise at OSH, so definitely confirm this with Premier if you’re counting on six seats. It might be an FAA/TC issue vs. an EASA issue for example. But they were very specific with me about this point … we had quite the chat about it. I would be thrilled to know that I am not correct or that something has changed!

Quick PS: there are a number of items in the interior design brochure that are available in Europe and not in North America, so you can’t take everything in there as gospel, or so I found out when I was finalizing my interior choices in 2022.
foehammer
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Curtis
Aircraft Registration: N62XZ
Airports: KPAE

Post by foehammer »

MackAttack wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:42 pm It might be an FAA/TC issue vs. an EASA issue for example. But they were very specific with me about this point … we had quite the chat about it. I would be thrilled to know that I am not correct or that something has changed!
I was wondering about the TC side of this today and was able to find TC STC SA22-89 (Dec. 10, 2022) which looks like the equivalent to FAA STC SA03013CE and everything seems to be based off EASA. So that doesn't seem like a valid hurdle for not supporting the business seat configuration.

Also, as to whether or not this can come in a 6 seat configuration, the supplemental AMM talks about how you can manipulate the passenger row 1 seats from passenger row 2 and how the backrests can be released for easier access to passenger row 2 / baggage.

Whatever is holding this up, I hope they can figure it out soon.
Attachments
70225-AMM-SUPPL-STC62-002-r1.pdf
(342.36 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
FAA_STC_62-002_SA03013CE.pdf
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
Transport_Canada_STC_SA22-89.pdf
(271.58 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by bdbogle »

So got word today from Premier that my delivery, currently scheduled for this September, will be the first one with the 6 place seating! Plane is being built in Austria. So we shall wait and see if there are any issues that develop!
foehammer
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Curtis
Aircraft Registration: N62XZ
Airports: KPAE

Post by foehammer »

That's great news Bryan! I'm crossing my fingers that nothing goes sideways and the hurdle for getting the business seating configuration in NA is finally going away. I've been pushing for this configuration since ordering in March '22 because there's a high likelihood that I'll be doing my flying on basic med.
neema
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Neema
Aircraft Registration: N617DC
Airports: KFAT

Post by neema »

So it is possible to get a 6 passenger setup with reclining seats in the middle row?

If so, that's great news. Any word on weight difference?
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by bdbogle »

neema wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:13 pm So it is possible to get a 6 passenger setup with reclining seats in the middle row?

If so, that's great news. Any word on weight difference?
Apparently my order will be the first one out Austria for the US. Not seeing anything specific on the empty weight change but would assume the total useful load would remain roughly the same.
ACCTHA9
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Por
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: HSXXX
Airports: VTBD KORL

Post by ACCTHA9 »

now u might need a 20 kg drumbell in the front assuming u have AC...

gL with that. tbh. 4 seater is totally enough. having 6 seat... the last 2 row barely can seat as its so small and cg shift backward

the middle row with 3 seat, is already hard to sit with 3 people tbh. its similar to sitting on a honda civic.

I mostly fly 4 sole otherwise 5 but with kids.