G1000 NXI PDF Brightness 0% Reset on Checkride

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

ingramleedy
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ingram
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N238PS
Airports: KBOW

G1000 NXI PDF Brightness 0% Reset on Checkride

Post by ingramleedy »

Today I passed my instrument checkride! Woohoo. Now I can sleep for 3 days to recover.

One of things my DPE did was fail my PFD by setting the brightness on the PFD to 0%. So I failed over to the MFD with red reversionary mode button. Well when he gave me my screen back, we couldn't find a reset button on the PFD to fix the brightness. I kinda of expected a button hold that might reset the screen, but no avail. So I completed the rest of the flight with the MFD.

Later I was researching what else could I have done, and found a good tip while in reversionary mode, you can dim by pressing menu on the MFD that is acting as a PFD; also if you hit select the brightness for the PFD. That's good, I could have used that. But it got me wondering what if, it was done on both screen? Still seems that there should be a reset button of some sort.

But when we turned the avionics off and the back on while on the ground, it did reset the settings., which was a relief.

I was wondering if anyone knew of special button that does a reset on brightness? Thanks!!

-Ingram
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: G1000 NXI PDF Brightness 0% Reset on Checkride

Post by Boatguy »

I'm not aware of a "reset" button. Only the menu item to adjust brightness.

In any case, CONGRATULATIONS on the instrument rating!