Now available for ordering and shipment: Powered Headset Adapter for Diamond Aircraft

Moderators: Kai, Rick, Lance Murray, Mr. Gadget

waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

Now available for ordering and shipment: Powered Headset Adapter for Diamond Aircraft

Post by waynemcc999 »

*** Now available for ordering and shipment !! ***
steves-lemo-adapter.png
steves-lemo-adapter.png (283.33 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
Link to purchase >> Powered Headset Adapter for Diamond Aircraft

Many thanks to both:
-- Rich for the awesome discovery and proof-of-concept
-- and my good pilot friend and aviation inventor Steve for productizing!

I, for one, am totally enjoying my full-function ANR headset-without-batteries!!
Wayne

P.S. If you have an existing Bose A20 dual-plug headset, you can convert to a LEMO headset via...

Non-Bluetooth | Bluetooth
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot
blsewardjr
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bernie
Aircraft Registration: N377DS
Airports: KCHO

Re: Now available for ordering and shipment: Powered Headset Adapter for Diamond Aircraft

Post by blsewardjr »

Ordered. Thanks, Wayne for this. Now just need to covert my LightSpeed. Bernie
Bernie Seward, IR, AGI
2003 DA40 N377DS
KCHO Charlottesville, VA
TAILspin38
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Anthony
Aircraft Registration: N222AD
Airports: KHBG

Re: Now available for ordering and shipment: Powered Headset Adapter for Diamond Aircraft

Post by TAILspin38 »

Hi Leilani, Anthony's wife. I tried to reply to your email came back. Our Farm landline is 601 795 2611 email shroomdom38@outlook.com thanks Leilani Ps we don't use Tap TapaTalk
Diamond_Dan
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Registration: N456AS
Airports: KLWM

Post by Diamond_Dan »

Just ordered 2 and got this message back. Can anyone tell me what this is about? Do I lose stereo?

"Please note that if you are using Bose 20 headsets you may need to set the Intercom switch inside the control module to Mono to enable both left and right earphones."
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by waynemcc999 »

Diamond_Dan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:07 pm Just ordered 2 and got this message back. Can anyone tell me what this is about? Do I lose stereo?

"Please note that if you are using Bose 20 headsets you may need to set the Intercom switch inside the control module to Mono to enable both left and right earphones."
Dan,
Steve, Rich, and I tested a half dozen Bose and a like number of Lightspeed headsets... and one of them (mine) required the Mono switch change (not sure why... my headset, my audio panel, my jacks?). In the event you're not fully satisfied, Steve provides a 2-year no-questions-asked warranty.
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

waynemcc999 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:27 pm
Diamond_Dan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:07 pm Just ordered 2 and got this message back. Can anyone tell me what this is about? Do I lose stereo?

Dan,
Steve, Rich, and I tested a half dozen Bose and a like number of Lightspeed headsets... and one of them (mine) required the Mono switch change (not sure why... my headset, my audio panel, my jacks?). In the event you're not fully satisfied, Steve provides a 2-year no-questions-asked warranty.
Wayne
My A20 test consisted of LEMO feed-through from a BluLink 2 and direct feed from the adapter. Stereo setting is used in both cases and works fine. And AFAIK this setting only applies to the feed from the audio panel. BT input is always stereo.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by waynemcc999 »

Steve was just in contact with Lightspeed (csupport@lightspeedaviation.com). They quote US$150 for the service to convert a Zulu 3 dual plug to a LEMO plug and indicated a turnaround of ~5 days once the headset is received by them.
Wayne McClelland
Diamond_Dan
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Diamond_Dan »

OK here's an odd one. I got to the airport and discovered my Bose A20 headset does not have the 6-pin LEMO plug tho I was 100% sure I bought it that way. Came home and checked my original order with Bose and confirmed it. Somewhere in the past 8 years I swapped headsets with someone and got a standard 2-plug. Now to either dig out the rolodex or just upgrade to the newer Bluetooth module for $300. Hmm...
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by waynemcc999 »

Diamond_Dan wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:43 pm OK here's an odd one. I got to the airport and discovered my Bose A20 headset does not have the 6-pin LEMO plug tho I was 100% sure I bought it that way. Came home and checked my original order with Bose and confirmed it. Somewhere in the past 8 years I swapped headsets with someone and got a standard 2-plug. Now to either dig out the rolodex or just upgrade to the newer Bluetooth module for $300. Hmm...
Dan, sorry to hear you're currently LEMO-less :( . Keep us updated and if/when you need a refund on the adapter I'm quite sure Steve will oblige.
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
Diamond_Dan
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Diamond_Dan »

waynemcc999 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:49 pm
Diamond_Dan wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:43 pm OK here's an odd one. I got to the airport and discovered my Bose A20 headset does not have the 6-pin LEMO plug tho I was 100% sure I bought it that way. Came home and checked my original order with Bose and confirmed it. Somewhere in the past 8 years I swapped headsets with someone and got a standard 2-plug. Now to either dig out the rolodex or just upgrade to the newer Bluetooth module for $300. Hmm...
Dan, sorry to hear you're currently LEMO-less :( . Keep us updated and if/when you need a refund on the adapter I'm quite sure Steve will oblige.
Wayne
Father's day is coming up and I think I've been good enough... ;)

The circumstance bugs me the most. I bought the LEMO in the 1/100 chance that I might need it someday. Somebody came up with a 1/1000 nifty hack and made a product. And now I can't use it because I accidentally swapped headsets with someone 1/(?) !! That's strangely unlucky.

Either way I don't plan on returning them, maybe my luck will change.