Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Fred Claus
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Fred
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N172KJ
Airports: KARR

Re: DA62 on order or recently delivered?

Post by Fred Claus »

I went for classic cashmere beige interior. I see very few of those on the market for whatever reason but I really like how it doesn’t heat up as much and just generally how it looks. My interest in the level button is 1) for possible spacial disorientation in IMC and 2) to show my passengers what button to press in case something happens to me so they have time to either talk to ground or more realistically get me to snap back into it. I’m thinking something like severe hypoxia, or for some unknown reason becoming unconscious. I know hypoxia can be avoided and that’s why we have the guidelines we do for oxygen use, but simple safeties for unlikely scenarios never hurt. I do like the notion of being able to use it in a task saturation scenario.
Soareyes
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: N518R
Airports: KINF

Post by Soareyes »

Unlike a parachute, I’ve never heard of anyone using the blue button in an emergency. Playing with it in my Cirrus, the response time to straight and level was pretty leisurely, much slower than what you would demonstrate during training in unusual attitudes. It was however, an excellent shortcut to getting the trim just right.
Current: DA42-V1

Previous: Hang gliders, Paraglider, DA40(x3), Cessna 150 Aerobat, SR22
Steve
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N432SC
Airports: 1T7

Post by Steve »

I think that it is a useful feature, if you include it in your preflight brief to non-pilot trained passengers. I always briefed use of the autopilot to mine, although the KAP 140 required two button pushes - AP and ALT if it wasn't already engaged. I practiced this with my young sons until it became almost automatic with them (I also taught them to use the radios land the airplane) in case I became incapacitated during a flight...
Jetblast
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jean
Aircraft Registration: CGRHB
Airports: CYOW

Post by Jetblast »

We took delivery of C065 on December 8th, 6-9 months late.
No blue button.
Flies well.
A few snags expected to be resolved when we find time to go back to the factory.
Question: there is a loud noise when lowering the flaps to t/o. Anybody else experienced that? I'm trying to isolate the location where it comes from.
Have to concur with comments on the poor strength of the landing and taxi lights. However, cockpit lighting is perfect during night flying, easily adjustable and everything visible.
So far I had a gear aural warning after landing (no, it was soft) that scared me, for a second I thought I had missed something.
I have yet to try every configuration that generate an alert/warning. I feel it's better to do that while under warranty :)
-20C sea level performance is pretty good.
It is a sweet machine to fly.
Bryce
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryce
Aircraft Registration: N6KB
Airports: KRTS

Post by Bryce »

I didn't update the spreadsheet for not wanting to mess something up, but I have an update on my plane.

62.269 is scheduled to leave Austria on Feb 12 and arrive in Canada around Feb 16. 2-3 weeks after that for FAA DAR paperwork.
N6KB DA62 Q3-2023. Now April 2024.
N524HS BE G36 2007 (Sold)
N605CA DA40 2008 (Sold)
KRTS - Reno Stead
mfdutra
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Marlon
Aircraft Registration: N272DD
Airports: KHWD

Post by mfdutra »

Jetblast wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 pm Question: there is a loud noise when lowering the flaps to t/o. Anybody else experienced that? I'm trying to isolate the location where it comes from.
Have to concur with comments on the poor strength of the landing and taxi lights. However, cockpit lighting is perfect during night flying, easily adjustable and everything visible.
So far I had a gear aural warning after landing (no, it was soft) that scared me, for a second I thought I had missed something.
I have yet to try every configuration that generate an alert/warning. I feel it's better to do that while under warranty :)
My flaps move very smoothly up and down. Get that checked soon. Control surfaces should move easily. That's safety of flight.

The gear warning is probably a micro switch in the nose gear. Protect your nose gear when you land. Don't let it slam on the ground. Keep it up for a couple seconds, then gently kiss it down.
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

Bryce wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:40 pm I didn't update the spreadsheet for not wanting to mess something up, but I have an update on my plane.

62.269 is scheduled to leave Austria on Feb 12 and arrive in Canada around Feb 16. 2-3 weeks after that for FAA DAR paperwork.
Updated the spreadsheet for you. Congrats! I'm about 4-6 months behind you.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Jetblast wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 pm Question: there is a loud noise when lowering the flaps to t/o. Anybody else experienced that? I'm trying to isolate the location where it comes from.
My flaps sometimes make a bit of a loud noise when I first move them to TO during my preflight check. I've never heard any loud noise on the ramp or in flight.

Completely agree it's a sweet plane to fly!
Bryce
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryce
Aircraft Registration: N6KB
Airports: KRTS

Post by Bryce »

An update on my delivery. Was scheduled for the ferry flight from Austria on Feb 12th. When I requested pictures I noticed something wrong. I ordered the airplane with black props and spinners, but silver ones were mounted. Apparently this is their first install of the new interior and black prop option, so it was an oversight. Now the flight to London will start around March 11, with the correct props/spinners on. I'm very happy that Trevor M. in Canada was able to get the new interior installed for me. And that month were delayed by now will allow my cash to earn enough interest to pay for my BestTug B8!
Attachments
Screenshot_20240223_052036_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240223_051819_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240223_051849_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240223_051833_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240223_051807_Drive.jpg
N6KB DA62 Q3-2023. Now April 2024.
N524HS BE G36 2007 (Sold)
N605CA DA40 2008 (Sold)
KRTS - Reno Stead
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

Bryce wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:30 pm An update on my delivery. Was scheduled for the ferry flight from Austria on Feb 12th. When I requested pictures I noticed something wrong. I ordered the airplane with black props and spinners, but silver ones were mounted. Apparently this is their first install of the new interior and black prop option, so it was an oversight. Now the flight to London will start around March 11, with the correct props/spinners on. I'm very happy that Trevor M. in Canada was able to get the new interior installed for me. And that month were delayed by now will allow my cash to earn enough interest to pay for my BestTug B8!
I assume that's the Bisque Premium interior? I just submitted my confirmation of configuration and that's what I got as well. Was actually forced to change from the regular beige as I was able to get the 6 seat "Executive Business" seating option and it requires the nicer interior. I'm okay with that! I'll have some reclining middle seats!