Import broker for Canadian DA40 to USA?

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

achilles99

Import broker for Canadian DA40 to USA?

Post by achilles99 »

I’m looking to import a Canadian DA40 to the US. Has anyone done this before, and did you use a service to take care of the logistics? Anyone have a referral for such a service?
vnehess
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ron
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N515GG
Airports: KRHV

Re: Import broker for Canadian DA40 to USA?

Post by vnehess »

I have not done this, but in my research I learned that my local Diamond Service Center could perform the required work.

If i recall, this requires at least a ferry flight permit to cover the entry into the USA followed by a change of registration. Including new decals, logbook entry and inspection by a local FSDO.
achilles99

Post by achilles99 »

The seller is willing to bring over. I just need someone to handle the de-registration, registration, DAR inspection, etc. Thanks!
Jroseund
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jonathan
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N526AE
Airports: KBFF

Post by Jroseund »

Depending where you live and where the plane is crossing Dominion Aviation at KFCI in Virginia does a good job. For the FAA rep I used Mr. Brooks Smith. He does exceptional work and is a very refreshing resource for FAA matters instead of the usual useless dumb you know what at the FAA. The European FAA DAR’s charge $10+ K for their services. Mr. Brooks was only $1500.

He can be reached at:

(540) 815-9787 (cell)
(540) 721-1481 (work)
dorbrookav@aol.com