2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joe
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N86RK
Airports: EDMA + NC26

Re: DA42-6 Airworthiness Limitations / Engine TBO

Post by Oshkosh99 »

Dave, Steve, Tim,

thanks for your replies. Again we do not use our N-reg aircraft in Europe commercially. So I understand we do not need a 100hr inspection as per the FAA. However I now understand you in saying that Diamond requires a 100hr inspection and as such we have to do it? In our case the next annual will be coming up in May and at that time we would be at around 120h since the last annual, so the question really is if we can go that far (which in my mind should not really hurt the engine) or if we need to do a 100h inspection inbetween, or probalby a lot better pull the annual forward into say March or April (which would require advance scheduling probably now).

So far our shared ownership company first said: we can extent the FAA 100h limit by 10hrs, but then after I provided a link to the Oct. 2014 FAA clarifiaction letter they realized that those 10hrs are only for flights TO the inspection, plus agreed we do not need a 100hr inspection (but want a liability waiver from us).

But now you say there is a different requirement in the Diamond MM which we have to adhere to.
While our shared ownership company manages around 15 or 20 Diamond twins and as such they should know, most of those are EASA registered and they also got some new employees, so maybe that's where some of the confusion comes in. And I am not sure our Diamond owned service center near Frankfurt would give us cost saving. i.e. revenue reducing advice.

The airport where our DA42 is hangared is a 1.5 hours drive away for me so it's not that easy to go there and go through the manual, hence my questions here...

And sorry that I have asked the same question in 2 threads which I have just realized ...

Thanks
Joe W.