BlueYonder
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
FIRST NAME: Sara
Aircraft: DA40
Airport: S43

Sheepskin seat covers

Postby BlueYonder » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 am

I'm sure this has been discussed quite a few times, but what are the best shearling seat covers for the DA40?

I ordered a set of front seat covers from AeroSheep, which are going straight back. They don't cover the whole seat bottom (only about 2/3 of it, actually, which looks skimpy and sorta silly); and they keep popping off the seat back until the seat looks like an oversized wrinkly Shar-Pei dog. I spent the better part of an hour trying to get them on right, and they never once didn't look stupid.

There are a couple of other companies that show photos of seat bottoms that look fully-covered. Or maybe I should just give up. I've got a nice Oregon Aero cushion in the left seat, and maybe I should just give up and get one for the right side, too.
The highest art form of all is a human being in control of himself and his airplane in flight, urging the spirit of a machine to match his own. -- Richard Bach
krellis
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
FIRST NAME: Keith
Aircraft: DA20-AI
Airport: GA04

Re: Sheepskin seat covers

Postby krellis » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 am

You can buy the factory sheepskin covers (really big bucks). Another alternative that we had for several years on our DA40 XLS was Rocky Mountain Sheepskin http://www.rmsheepskin.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/scstore/c-Aircraft_Seatcovers.html?E+scstore. In my opinion, very high quality and great fit.
Lance Murray
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
FIRST NAME: Lance

Postby Lance Murray » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:08 pm

I have the factory covers and I think they are the best design. Have some custom made to match the factory design.
agmolnar
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
FIRST NAME: Arpad
Airport: KHWD

Postby agmolnar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

+1 for the Rocky Mountain covers -- they are perfect, may even be better than the factory version
N787PV
2007 DA40.695
Oakland, CA
Mert
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
FIRST NAME: Mert
Airport: KHEF

Postby Mert » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:11 am

We have Rocky Mountian Sheepskin covers on all four seats, fronts are nearly four years old and standing up fine.
jon1746
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
FIRST NAME: jon
Aircraft: DA42
Airport: KFSD

Postby jon1746 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:17 pm

I bought a set back when I first got my DA40 almost 10 years ago( not sure what brand). I used them once and didn't like the added bulk. PM your address and I will ship them to you. I would rather see them used than keep them in storage.

EDIT. Just pulled it out. Turns out I just order one at the time. Couldn't find a label on it. Here is a pic

http://imgur.com/a/WlGMH

Return to “DA40 Forum”