3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jim
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N316JZ
Airports: KPOV KPGD

Viewing Jepps in G1000

Post by Zebedee »

Upgraded G1000 to Jepps, as that is what I am used to.

Jepps account is good as I can load them in Foreflight. Diamond Canada assured me the Jepps were loaded into G1000, but I couldn't find how to load them.

My plane is in the shop, so I don't have access today, but picking up on Monday.

Could someone point me in the right direction of how to switch from Gov. charts to Jepps, assuming they are in there.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Zebedee
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jim
Aircraft Registration: N316JZ
Airports: KPOV KPGD

Re: Viewing Jepps in G1000

Post by Zebedee »

I found this, will check out this page on the plane.

Seems if I am looking at Gov. charts I will need to have a Garmin dealer switch to Jepp charts, unless I can somehow do it myself.

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=3 ... 6MqIU2GbV8

Jim
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: Viewing Jepps in G1000

Post by Boatguy »

You paid the $5,200 for the Jepp Chartview option? There are some instructions in the G1000NXi Pilot's Guide starting on page 435. If they were loaded by the factory then you should see them on the panel. I think the loading of the updates requires a subscription from Jeppesen and using their software. There is support portal here:

https://support.jeppesen.com/article?ai ... 000CdWoCAK

It can be confusing because you can get either Garmin or Jepp navdata. The navdata is the waypoints, crossing altitudes, etc., that get loaded into the flight plan. The approach plates are a separate, and optional item.

FWIW, I use the Jepps in Foreflight because I also prefer the format. However, I don't use Garmin's FliteCharts or the Jepp ChartView charts in my panel. The Jepp approach plates in Foreflight are geo-referenced so when your iPad is connected to your panel, you can see your position on the plan view section of the plate. Once a procedure is loaded, the Map and Traffic pages will both show the waypoints/crossing altitudes and provide much more detail, zooming in/out, and general situational awareness than the little airplane icon on the approach plate on the iPad.