Lance Murray
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lance
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Re: Ceramic coating and/or window treatments

Post by Lance Murray »

Not sure what was used but I absolutely wouldn't put anything on the acrylic windows.
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Post by photoSteveZ »

Lance Murray wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:23 am Not sure what was used but I absolutely wouldn't put anything on the acrylic windows.
The installer called Diamond Canada to get their advice on coatings before doing the work. So far, the treated windows have been a big improvement.
dmloftus
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Registration: N868US
Airports: KLZU

Post by dmloftus »

Tim H wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:48 am I have been using Technicians Choice TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray …

While it is not a "permanent" ceramic coating, it seems to last a very long time. I'm thinking of using it on my DA40.
Hi Tim. Did you try it on your plane? Does this product actually lay down a ceramic barrier or is it a detail spray that is intended for a previously ceramic coated surface?
Tim H
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Registration: N233MA
Airports: KMGY

Post by Tim H »

dmloftus wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:09 am
Tim H wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:48 am I have been using Technicians Choice TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray …

While it is not a "permanent" ceramic coating, it seems to last a very long time. I'm thinking of using it on my DA40.
Hi Tim. Did you try it on your plane? Does this product actually lay down a ceramic barrier or is it a detail spray that is intended for a previously ceramic coated surface?
I probably won't get a chance to try it until the spring thaw.

I'm not sure of the technical specs. I saw a couple of good reviews on YouTube and thought I'd give it a try and was really impressed. I do not have a ceramic base coat on my car.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Towards the end of Max Trescott's aviation podcast Aviation New Talk Episode #265, following information on precipitation static (aka p-static), he discusses how ceramic coatings reduce an airplane's ability to disperse static electricity and increases the likelihood of experiencing p-static.

Get the podcast app for your phone or see:

Mjwatlanta
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N161DA
Airports: Kfty

Post by Mjwatlanta »

Reporting in on first wash after ceramic coating. I used Wash Wax All with the two sided mop on a pole and some towels too. Used all four mop heads that came with the kit. That’s how dirty it was. Plane has been outside sine application. Was somewhat grey. I sprayed the cleaner on, wiped it off, and bingo - looks better than new. I used the degreaser on belly of fuselage. Easy spray on, wipe off. Super pleased!