2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Stuart
Aircraft Type: DA50
Aircraft Registration: GOUTY
Airports: Egcm

Re: DA50 RG VS SR 22 GTS G3+

Post by Shoeman »

ememic99 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:06 am
Shoeman wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:38 pm The DA50 seems more stable to fly and range over 4 hours not really applicable as I have a 4hr bladder.
You should try flying it before deciding.
I have flown it on two separate occasions and hand flying seemed much easier than the sr22. The manual trim was so much easier to get right than the electric trim on the cirrus. On autopilot DFC90 the cirrus is easy to fly but keeping within 100 ft of target altitudes whilst manually flying holds for instrument ratings is a challenge
jast
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jan
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: DIODE
Airports: EDMA

Post by jast »

ememic99 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:06 am You should try flying it before deciding. Hand-flying DA50 is far from easiness of flying DA42 or DA62.
I believe I understand why you say this and I felt that the DA50 is a little more complicated to fly manually because of the constant need for trim changes when you significantly change power. However beyond that, I found the behavior and handling in stalls, low speed, in turns, etc to be as good as the DA42/62.
Davestation
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: D-JET
Aircraft Registration: NDJET
Airports: KFTW

Post by Davestation »

dant wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:23 am I realize I'm not adding anything but I was so entertained that this ended up being the same person.
I too found this massively entertaining!

...I'll see myself out now
Shoeman
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Stuart
Aircraft Type: DA50
Aircraft Registration: GOUTY
Airports: Egcm

Post by Shoeman »

AndrewM wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:52 pm Will be super interesting to see how the insurance companies rate and what the annual premium differences will be between say a normally aspirated SR22 and the DA50. With retractable gear and no chute, I am guessing DA50 may well be substantially more to insure than Cirrus.

Also, I presume the less known DA50 engine, coupled with the retractable gear will be more on the average annual and maintenance.

I guess at some stage someone who is seriously looking at both will do a side-by-side comparison. Obviously fuel will be less, but I would think those savings will not have a material overall difference.
Insurance rates seem quite similar given the difference in hull value and experience levels I will have when taking delivery in the UK