4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Re: Potential New DA62 Owner

Post by MackAttack »

I heard the same from Premier at OSH (letter of intent, 2025 date, 10k refundable deposit, no pricing out that far). DAI has not set pricing out that far but I think you can assume in the $1.7-1.8 mm USD range (possibly more) for a fully-optioned aircraft. I have only put down 10% so far … my delivery is currently scheduled for December 2022. Although we will see if that holds up … good luck!
Jimhartley
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jim
Aircraft Registration: GGJIM
Airports: EGCM

Post by Jimhartley »

Karim wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 pm Hello everyone - New to the forum, having lurked for several months and learned a tonne — very grateful.

I have just been offered the opportunity to take delivery of a new DA62 in April 24, minding a 30% deposit. I thought this a little excessive but assumed it was standard and was about to sign the order form, when I came across this thread suggesting much lower advances. I have been told by one European dealer that such is the current demand for the 62 that a 30% deposit on the full-optioned price is nowadays required: that’s EUR 500K. I am based in Egypt and have so far dealt directly with DAI, there being no dealer in my area. Are there more sensible terms to be had?
I’m based in the UK Karim… I had to put 30% down with the balance due two weeks before delivery. I think those terms are pretty standard here.
sedatedokc
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Christopher
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: LNSMF
Airports: ENGM

Post by sedatedokc »

I just took delivery of a DA42 from Austria. Downpayment was 30%. But my delivery was under one year, and I did not try and negotiate the downpayment, I cannot say if there is any flexibility there.

I was just at the factory in Austria this summer and I asked and they said DA62 delivery dates are now 2 years out.
Jroseund
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jonathan
Aircraft Registration: N526AE
Airports: KBFF

Post by Jroseund »

It’s so crazy how the world has turned upside down for aircraft acquisition prices. My pre-owned 62 that I acquired in July 2021 has increased about 170% in value.
janders
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jon
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N75RZ
Airports: KGYY

Post by janders »

My economics 101 training tells me that you must think it's approximately worth it otherwise you would sell and the price would adjust... therefore the new price must be reasonable.
Current E50P owner
Former C172 and DA62 owner
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

Jroseund wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:04 am It’s so crazy how the world has turned upside down for aircraft acquisition prices. My pre-owned 62 that I acquired in July 2021 has increased about 170% in value.
That's hard to believe. The least expensive DA62 -- a non-NXi (Legacy G1000) 2016 model -- might have sold used for around $1.0-1.1M in July 2021. That plane today might be worth as much as $1.4M (a still-substantial 30-40% increase). Newer used NXi models are worth $100K-$300K more, depending on hours in service, and whether they have NXi Phase II hardware, 7-seats, air conditioning, etc.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Karim
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Karim
Aircraft Registration: Pending
Airports: HEGO

Post by Karim »

Given the the price spread between 2023 and 2024 DA62 deliveries (and generally the price of used specimens) that can be inferred from Controller and Trade-a-plane, how easy is it to resell one’s production slot nearer (say six months before) the delivery date? How does one go about offering one’s slot to the market? And if through brokers, how much would their commision be? I am trying to determine whether one takes a hit, and if so how big a hit, if for whatever reason one is unable or unwilling to pay the 70% of the purchase price and take delivery of one’s plane in due course. I am, of course, aware of the anticipated price inflation between now and then; but the question stands. Any and all responses welcome!
Karim
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Karim
Aircraft Registration: Pending
Airports: HEGO

Post by Karim »

Also, can someone please explain why US dealers’ prices some USD 150K higher than European dealers’; see Controller. Does the delta reflect US custom duties perhaps?
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

It might reflect the difference between the lower gross weight airframe that's standard in the UE and the higher gross weight airframe available in the US.

Also, I don't believe you can "sell your position" in a Diamond (like you used to be able to in a Cirrus Vision Jet, for example). You can exit the deal and get your deposit back, or you can close on and buy your airplane and then re-sell it. But I don't think you can sell the position; if memory serves, that's not allowed by the purchase agreement.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!
Joel
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

close on and buy your airplane and then re-sell it.
With the current delta it seems like it would be worth getting a loan to take deliver in order to re-sell the plane.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)