5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Re: Red Fluid on the pedals

Post by Rich »

astaib wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:01 pm If I understand correctly this schematic, there is no need to test pilot and copilot brake during ground check, isn’t it?
An important bit of accuracy in the diagram is that the brake lines between the left and right seat sit considerably higher that the reservoirs and all master cylinders. This means that if air gets into one or both systems it tends to sit in the line(s) between the left and right seats. In which case the copilot side can feel "spongy" while the pilot seat is fine. I have had this exact thing happen. In this case the copilot brakes would work, but I'd have to pump them to compress the air. I've developed the habit of occasionally checking the right seat brakes for this condition.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
Davestation
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: D-JET
Aircraft Registration: NDJET
Airports: KFTW

Re: Red Fluid on the pedals

Post by Davestation »

astaib wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:01 pm If I understand correctly this schematic, there is no need to test pilot and copilot brake during ground check, isn’t it?
Pilot is fine. You can check the copilot on occasion because if the fluid is low the copilot will feel it first, but that should be covered at the Annual inspection.