3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: jerry
Aircraft Type: DA20-A1
Aircraft Registration: N175LE
Airports: KFUL

Help trim stick in full nose down position

Post by katanajer »

Da20-a1 my trim suddenly stuck in full nose down position. It can trim down but cannot trim up. Any ideas? Or where to inspect? What's the part called?
krellis
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Keith
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N853DF
Airports: GA04

Re: Help trim stick in full nose down position

Post by krellis »

My uneducated guess would be to first check the trim switch. If the actuator is working, it might be a bad contact on the switch. Wiring would be next (not sure if there a separate grounds for the nose up and nose down circuits, but a bad ground would cause your symptoms). The A1 IPC does not show the trim switch, so I checked the C1 IPC, as the trim system is similar (if not the same). The switch is a Carling switch TIGM5M-6S-WH-MBL and is probably available from the usual sources like DigiKey, Mouser or Newark.

It would be easy for your A&P to pull the switch and check continuity on the various poles to see if the switch is bad. I had a spare, but it went to the high school with the airplane. Sorry :(
katanajer
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: jerry
Aircraft Type: DA20-A1
Aircraft Registration: N175LE
Airports: KFUL

Re: Help trim stick in full nose down position

Post by katanajer »

Thank you so much krellis. Makes me feel better is not something major I'll check out the switch. Thanks for the past number of looks the same. I put her down because my arms were getting tired of holding the nose up. I'm going to figure out how to open to look at the switch.