3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Sara
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N687DA
Airports: KPAE

Sheepskin seat covers

Post by BlueYonder »

I'm sure this has been discussed quite a few times, but what are the best shearling seat covers for the DA40?

I ordered a set of front seat covers from AeroSheep, which are going straight back. They don't cover the whole seat bottom (only about 2/3 of it, actually, which looks skimpy and sorta silly); and they keep popping off the seat back until the seat looks like an oversized wrinkly Shar-Pei dog. I spent the better part of an hour trying to get them on right, and they never once didn't look stupid.

There are a couple of other companies that show photos of seat bottoms that look fully-covered. Or maybe I should just give up. I've got a nice Oregon Aero cushion in the left seat, and maybe I should just give up and get one for the right side, too.
The highest art form of all is a human being in control of himself and his airplane in flight, urging the spirit of a machine to match his own. -- Richard Bach
krellis
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Keith
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N853DF
Airports: GA04

Re: Sheepskin seat covers

Post by krellis »

You can buy the factory sheepskin covers (really big bucks). Another alternative that we had for several years on our DA40 XLS was Rocky Mountain Sheepskin http://www.rmsheepskin.com/cgi-bin/Soft ... ?E+scstore. In my opinion, very high quality and great fit.
Lance Murray
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lance
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Post by Lance Murray »

I have the factory covers and I think they are the best design. Have some custom made to match the factory design.
agmolnar
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Arpad
Aircraft Registration: N787PV
Airports: KHWD

Post by agmolnar »

+1 for the Rocky Mountain covers -- they are perfect, may even be better than the factory version
N787PV
2007 DA40.695
Oakland, CA
Mert
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Mert
Aircraft Registration: N946DS
Airports: KHEF

Post by Mert »

We have Rocky Mountian Sheepskin covers on all four seats, fronts are nearly four years old and standing up fine.
jon1746
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: jon
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N888UB
Airports: KFSD

Post by jon1746 »

I bought a set back when I first got my DA40 almost 10 years ago( not sure what brand). I used them once and didn't like the added bulk. PM your address and I will ship them to you. I would rather see them used than keep them in storage.

EDIT. Just pulled it out. Turns out I just order one at the time. Couldn't find a label on it. Here is a pic

http://imgur.com/a/WlGMH