4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joey
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N633DC
Airports: KJGG

Eclipse Rear Window Cracks

Post by Joey »

I've become the new owner of a 2004 DA20 Eclipse and the L. Rear window has cracked near the fuel filler. The crack is stop drilled but is an irritant. Has anyone had a similar problem? What is the typical cost to repair it?
RMarkSampson
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: N966CT
Airports: KPCM

Re: Eclipse Rear Window Cracks

Post by RMarkSampson »

Joey,
Owner to Owner, sorry but I have no experience to offer. If you have not looked at the DA20-C1 AMM 56-11-00 "REPLACEMENT OF THE REAR WINDOW" recommend scanning through the 28 steps in the AMM to replace the window. I'm sure the best place to start is ask an authorized service center the cost as they will likely be able to put a time against completing those tasks along with the parts/supplies. They should be able to give you a solid price up front.

Sounds like you have some time to make a decision that works for you. I have a different issue with my 1999 DA-20 cowling and am currently looking to get that resolved when I do my annual next month. First step is to price it out with the svc center. Another option for me is to work with a good friend that holds an A&P and flies my DA-20. Converts some of the expense into "beer costs" vice $$'s. However, before going with option 2, need to weigh the pros/cons of a non service center solution. Expertise/quality of work/time required/$$ all play into that decision.

Good luck with yours...
Joey
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joey
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N633DC
Airports: KJGG

Re: Eclipse Rear Window Cracks

Post by Joey »

Good luck with your issue. I'm letting mine ride a while before making the change. I've been using mine for a lease back but have gotten a little time in it finally. Other than getting up close and personal with your instructor, it's fun to fly and amazingly fast on 6 gpm. I'll post the official damage to the wallet report when we finally fix it.
Joey Ritchie
DA40 XLS 40.940
JGG Williamsburg VA