Parts Delays and Diamond Supplier Issues?

Any DA40 related topics

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

twesselman
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N930PA
Airports: KMYF

Re: Parts Delays and Diamond Supplier Issues?

Post by twesselman »

michael.g.miller wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:27 am Tell them to push harder. I ordered at the beginning of March and my turbo and other parts (injectors, cylinder head) are shipped. Admittedly with a bit of pressure on Diamond.

Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. I would be screaming at Diamond if I was waiting 8 weeks for a turbo. Make sure your order is an AOG order.
I could not agree more!! Can you please send me a PM and let me know who to contact at Diamond? I would be happy to apply some pressure here. This is crazy.
twesselman
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member

Post by twesselman »

Boatguy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:18 am What is leaking? Is it the oil into the turbocharger? Is it the exhaust/air pressure on one side or the other?
This is what they reported: “Multiples leaks were found both turbo inlet and oil return line are leaking, also turbo itself is leaking and would need to be replaced( item 22).”

From Diamond: “Apologies for the delay. We are having vendor issues for the turbocharger. Other customer and production is held because of turbocharger. Purchase team and the management is trying to push and expedite the process. I have requested purchase team for a new update. Will keep you updated if anything changes.”
twesselman
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member

Post by twesselman »

Keep in mind the turbo was replaced 10 hrs before the new leak appeared.
dmloftus
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N868US
Airports: KLZU

Post by dmloftus »

twesselman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:47 am Keep in mind the turbo was replaced 10 hrs before the new leak appeared.
So sorry to hear, that really sux. Hope they get you straightened out asap
pete423
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Peter
Aircraft Registration: N168
Airports: KEMT

Post by pete423 »

Boatguy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:18 am What is leaking? Is it the oil into the turbocharger? Is it the exhaust/air pressure on one side or the other?
The left is the compressor side and the right is the turbine side. The oil return line is in the middle.
Attachments
IMG_0556.jpg
twesselman
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member

Post by twesselman »

Good news and a major thanks for everyone's help and feedback, Mike, Pete, etc!!

I called Diamond last week and shared my story and protracted turbo delays. I was only able to reach the voicemail for customer support so I didn't know what to expect. Within ONE HOUR of my call, Ray (Head of Diamond Customer Support) called me back directly. He explained that my case and messages had been forwarded to him. We discussed both the Turbo and Camshaft Cover issues (see my prior posts). He was super supportive and apologetic for the delays that led till this point. He immediately promised the turbo would be delivered next week and offered his support with the warranty issues on the Camshaft Cover Seals (from the MSB work).

What a relief! While I'm not back in the air YET, the outlook is good! Thank you, Ray and the Diamond Team! And again, I appreciate the help from our pilot and owner community!