4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N868US
Airports: KLZU

Re: Thoughts after 2 year of owning a DA40NG

Post by dmloftus »

alanhawse wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:41 pm As far as two years goes... I started on 6/22/21 with my first lesson in a C172... since then I have flown
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 10.01.37 AM.png
Yeah, that's impressive to log so many hours in two years. After a very busy life with TJ Rodgers, glad you have the time to have some fun. I am surprised, though, with so much flying that you haven't logged time in a tail wheel or aerobatics. No interest, or just haven't gotten to it yet? While I love my Diamond, at least once or twice a year, I go do something different. I've never really been motivated to get and keep tail wheel endorsement/currency, but I enjoy flying with someone that knows how. First I started with mild aerobatics in Super Decathlons, then I've taken training several times in Extra 330's. Also flew Tony Ryan's (founder of RyanAir) personal Stearman in Ireland. BTW, I highly recommend spin training in the right aircraft with the right instructor. This coming April 1 is the ultimate though. I'm signed up down in Kissimmee for instruction in a P51D with the master, Lee Lauderback (12,000 hours in the Mustang). They promise that I will have the stick 90% of the time. That should be a kick in the pants.
ACCTHA9
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Por
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: HSXXX
Airports: VTBD KORL

Post by ACCTHA9 »

Got many hours on DA 40 and move to DA 42. Stuck on DA42 for a while and now on the DA62... enjoy the da62 alot as its faster too. lol
YokotaFTC
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: DScot
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N138UA
Airports: RJTY

Post by YokotaFTC »

We're officially into the third month of flying our two...we've logged 90+ hours on both and coming up on our first 100Hr quickly; which means "first scheduled maintenance" for MSB and a short (hopefully short) grounding. Still trying to sort out details on who will do MSB, if it will be us or if we can get the Japanese Authorized Diamond Service Center to do it (running into some "lost in translation" issues with JCAB-Japan Civil Aviation Bureau). So far everyone's liking them no complaints.
Attachments
3.jpg