Wax On Wax Off

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Donkadillapig
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N812LA
Airports: KFCI

Re: Wax On Wax Off

Post by Donkadillapig »

dmloftus wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:08 pm Has anyone tried Cerakote ceramic paint sealant? It gets fantastic reviews.
I had my plane professionally ceramic coated 3 months ago... absolutely fantastic !!!
It looks amazing, water just beads up and runs off. Bug shhmuk wipes off with one pass of a towel. Even inevitable Jet A spills from lineman don't seem to mark as bad. I've been absolutely thrilled with it.
No downsides whatsoever.
YokotaFTC
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: DScot
Aircraft Registration: N138UA
Airports: RJTY

Post by YokotaFTC »

Donkadillapig wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:50 am I had my plane professionally ceramic coated 3 months ago... absolutely fantastic !!!
It looks amazing, water just beads up and runs off. Bug shhmuk wipes off with one pass of a towel. Even inevitable Jet A spills from lineman don't seem to mark as bad. I've been absolutely thrilled with it.
No downsides whatsoever.
Would you happen to know what product they used.
YokotaFTC
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: DScot
Aircraft Registration: N138UA
Airports: RJTY

Post by YokotaFTC »

Mjwatlanta wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:29 am Plane is on ramp. First I got it ceramic coated. Then I use Wash Wax All. I bought the kit. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/ ... key=518973. I get refills on amazon. I’m still experimenting with best debugger.

The extending wand/mop thing is great. Takes four mop heads to do the plane. First I debug the leading edges and nose. Then I actually apply the wash / wax with garden sprayer in five foot sections followed up with wet then dry side of mop thing. Finally I use the clothes to finish up. It’s so slippery afterwards it’s almost dangerous.

Takes about 40 minutes. A little longer if I degrease the belly. But I only do that about every third or fourth time.
Do you know what product used for ceramic coating?
Donkadillapig
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Registration: N812LA
Airports: KFCI

Post by Donkadillapig »

YokotaFTC wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:06 am
Donkadillapig wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:50 am I had my plane professionally ceramic coated 3 months ago... absolutely fantastic !!!
No downsides whatsoever.
Would you happen to know what product they used.
got it at the hanger (the cleaning product they left, same range) I'll check when next there.
Mjwatlanta
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Registration: N161DA
Airports: Kfty

Post by Mjwatlanta »

I don’t know what ceramic product was used. But it took several guys two days. As I understand it, the real time is spent getting the paint perfect.