5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Re: New DA42-VI Config // Built in Oxygen or concentrator

Post by ememic99 »

dselder1962 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:44 am I would go for the removable stick.
Is it something that you can do yourself prior to trip or it requires visit to a shop?
AndrewM
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Andrew
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N897KC
Airports:

Post by AndrewM »

michael.g.miller wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:23 pm
AndrewM wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:54 pm I have been using the Inogen system for the little while now and really like it. Recently I have been using my DA40 for some business trips which I have ever done in the past. What I find is that even cruising at say 6-8,000 ft, I put it on. I feel just a little more refreshed and certainly at the end of the day after completing a trip, I just feel better and more energized. I do not think I would use it this much if I had bottle oxygen that takes time, a little hassle etc to re-fill. Just re-charging the Inogen is so convenient.
Have you looked into ships power for the Inogen? I'm looking at a setup for my DA42NG, and often do very long legs (e.x. crossing the US), and would hate to have to deal with the hassle of re-charging batteries. Curious if the electric system can provide enough power.
The Inogen distributor said it would charge off DA40 ship power, however our cig lighter is inop at the moment, so have not tried it. The Inogen comes standard with an AC charger and the cig lighter charger cord. I got the bigger battery. Last looong x-country I did was from Boston to Florida, and I had it on almost all the way.
sedatedokc
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Christopher
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: LNSMF
Airports: ENGM

Post by sedatedokc »

Thanks for all the comments! I think I may go without on board oxygen. If Im paying Norway VAT, which is not EU, I’m stuck in the Norway resale market and I think oxygen isn’t as necessary here as in, for example, Central Europe. People seem to like the Inogen, and I prefer charging batteries then wondering how to get an O2 refill.

Thanks for the advice on the am safe belts and pedals!

The garmin flight stream is now standard on the DA42VI!

I have also wondered about the removable stick. I believe I have read on here both that it is easy to remove, and that a mechanic needs to do it.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

sedatedokc wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:57 pmI have also wondered about the removable stick. I believe I have read on here both that it is easy to remove, and that a mechanic needs to do it.
Colin's post here says it takes him less than a minute to do it himself. No mechanic required.

I'm actually having this mod done right now (well, apparently it's already done) while the plane is in the shop for some other work.

--Chris
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO