4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Re: Garmin Flight Stream

Post by TwinStarScott »

As long as I'm asking questions, can anyone direct me to a source that lists the added features for each version of G1000 software?
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

ScottSutton wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:21 am As long as I'm asking questions, can anyone direct me to a source that lists the added features for each version of G1000 software?
What's needed is a table that maps GDU software version to features added, by airframe and by software release date.

The only way I know how to answer this question is to go to the fly.garmin.com website, go through the series of links for support>flight deck manuals, etc. and download the G1000 Pilot's Guide for each software release in which you're interested (there are different Pilot's Guides for DA40/DA42/DA62, and for each software release per aircraft).

Then if you look near the beginning of each Pilot's Guide, you'll see a "Record of Revision" table that shows what was changed/added by each new software release. Included in that is a statement "Added GDU XX.XX." GDU refers to the Graphical Display Unit, which is the software that runs in each PFD/MFD where the main Intel processor is located in the G1000. Garmin uses the same GDU Software version numbers across all G1000 aircraft, so for example, GDU Version 9.XX would provide (exclusive of options) roughly the same functionality across a DA40, a C172, or a BE36.

Right now, legacy G1000s can go up to GDU Version 15.XX; and G1000 NXi starts at GDU Version 20.XX
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Post by TwinStarScott »

Thank you Dave for yet again sharing your terrific advice on the forum!

As for creating a table, I've started in on another google docs spreadsheet. When time allows, I will provide a link to the initial rough draft. When finished, it will be there for future reference for others to view - should the need for this consolidated information ever arise. . . .
Lance Murray
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lance
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Post by Lance Murray »

Reason number 101 that I am happy I have the old steam gage DA40!
jasona wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 pm I spoke to the factory, it is not currently possible to install a flight steam 210.