2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ian
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N732DS
Airports: KCGS

Re: New Owner

Post by Flyairth »

CFIDave wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:14 pm - Your 2006 plane (again, based on G1000 software that's installed) likely doesn't have a flight data logging feature, so putting an SDCard into the top MFD slot won't record anything.
Can't tell you the software version, but mine does record flight data to the SD card.
Flyairth
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ian
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N732DS
Airports: KCGS

Re: New Owner

Post by Flyairth »

@Rich

Thanks for the additional thoughts on W&B. Went to the original, and mine came from the factory at 1811 lbs and 98.5 in, so it is in line with the 2007 models in the wiki (except for the one with nose ballast). None of the changes since look unreasonable. I think I'll skip adding ballast though ... plenty of fun to be had with just 2 on board, gear, and a long XC ahead.

@Dan
Soareyes wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:31 pm
The decreased aft CG range with the 50 gallon tanks is why I ordered my last DA40 with 40 gallon tanks. Also the lighter composite prop and we removed the nose ballast.

The nose ballast won't help your useful load but if you need it to move your CG forward I still have the metal plates in a box in my hangar. All yours just for the shipping.
Would much prefer to have your 40 gallon tanks than your left over ballast :lol: (but thanks for the offer!)