2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Pierre
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Aircraft Registration: FHRLE
Airports: LFAI

Re: CD-155 Temporary power loss

Post by PIERRELFAI »

Dear keith
Our wings had been removed 1 year ago and 280 hours singe this big maintenance.since 1 month we are facing several lost of power again for 1 to 3 second always after the first take-off of the day , but yesterday I sufered myself of a lost during .... 13 second the power drop to 83 to 85% , with vibration , after this long time , the engine recovered the 100% . Yesterday I send an incident report to technify , they asked me for the data file of the engine , we will ask to our mechanic , but last data loaded show nothing , so we will see with this new one . As I heard there is several pilot who got this problem on CD 155.
Keith M
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Keith
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Airports: EGNH

Post by Keith M »

Dear Pierre,
Has your FADEC been updated with the D4-v1.70 software (only applicable for TAE 125-02-114 engines)? Mine was, in February, but I haven't experienced this alarming issue at all, thankfully!
Karl
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Karl
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Post by Karl »

PIERRELFAI wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 am Dear keith
Our wings had been removed 1 year ago and 280 hours singe this big maintenance.since 1 month we are facing several lost of power again for 1 to 3 second always after the first take-off of the day , but yesterday I sufered myself of a lost during .... 13 second the power drop to 83 to 85% , with vibration , after this long time , the engine recovered the 100% . Yesterday I send an incident report to technify , they asked me for the data file of the engine , we will ask to our mechanic , but last data loaded show nothing , so we will see with this new one . As I heard there is several pilot who got this problem on CD 155.
Pierre,
Temporary power loss with vibration is often related to injector leads chaffing. Inspect the harness as far as possible for any damage.
Another possibility is a bad connection at the injector plug. Check the plugs to ensure the connection is not splayed open and ensure plugs are securely fitted.
Attachments
Harness chaffing.jpg