4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Peter
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: OEFGM
Airports: EDLN

Re: Excellent technical support from Diamond

Post by dgger »

TimS wrote:So we are seeing a trend. Call Diamond Canada, avoid Europe.
I could not agree more with Diamond Canada delivering fantastic service. I have no experience Diamond Austria, but their German maintenance shop in Egelsbach certainly does a decent job as well.
pietromarx
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Peter
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: NZZZ
Airports: KWHP

Post by pietromarx »

When I had my original DA-40 and the exhaust broke for the second time, the factory (in Canada) responded by sending people to Los Angeles to work on it. They redesigned the part and got them out to the fleet.

They've always been really just terrific whether working with them directly or through technicians. I can't say enough good about the support side.
gordsh
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Shawn
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: CCCCC
Airports:

Post by gordsh »

I actually find the factory/service dept pretty cool. My plane is there right now for some upgrades and the reception when I flew it in was pretty good. In fact it was quite cool to see a shelving unit labeled with my serial number as I entered the service bay. It was stocked with parts for my service job.

I dealt with Ed. who completed a walk around of the plane and pointed out a few things that I should consider repairing (that I thought were OK) like the front canopy exterior latch which apparently must shut flush which mine did not. They have been in touch with me regarding the progress which I appreciate.
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Post by Antoine »

I only had contact with Diamond Egelsbach at the time of the pre-buy inspection for the sale of my second DA40.
Their support was outstanding, very competent and friendly. Made me wonder why I had gone elsewhere for maintenance...