3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Reinhard
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Aircraft Registration: DEWDI
Airports: EDWQ

Re: G1000 clock problem

Post by reinhardj »

To overcome the voltage drop during start Diamond has issued the RSB D4-082/1, which solves this problem.
Reinhard
DA40D, S/N D4.338
G1000, GDU 12.03, WAAS, GTX 345, SVT, Safetaxi, PilotPak
Keith M
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Keith
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Airports: EGNH

Post by Keith M »

My new CD-155 engine needs to be turned over with the starter motor for a lot longer before it fires up. After starting on a day when the OAT was just above freezing, all of the engine instruments were crossed out on the MFD. I tried resetting the MFD and PFD circuit breakers, but had to shut down and restart to resolve the issue. While all that was going on, there was no problem with the clock.

My maintenance organization raised the clock issue with Garmin who suggested powering on both screens individually whilst holding down their “CLR” keys. This is used to resolve other issues such as a slow refresh rate for Terrain data etc and may resolve the delayed time updates. Worth bearing in mind.
Keess
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kees
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: PHTDX
Airports: EHAM

Post by Keess »

To overcome the voltage drop during start Diamond has issued the RSB D4-082/1, which solves this problem

This has been done on ours , but sometimes the problem comes back. As a part of my personal checklist , after I started the engine, I always go to the aux page and then to the sub page with GPS1 and GPS2. I check at them both and a lot of times I find that one is off-line. After pulling the CB for the GPS wich is off-line,it always comes alive. Then the time is also good again. Just curious , when you see the time which can't be right, I wonder if you also got 1 GPS online and 1 off-line.