1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Shawn
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: CYPK

Maintenance Tracking

Post by Shawn085 »

Hello,

I’m inquiring to see if anyone has a excel or other tracking form going for their Diamond. I’m looking for a sheet that’s tracking the maintenance items on a DA-40. So I can track things like airbag due date, emergency battery, ELT switch battery, Mags, etc... Has anyone got something like this started that I could use and fill in my particular data with?
Steve
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N432SC
Airports: 1T7

Re: Maintenance Tracking

Post by Steve »

I do have an Excel spreadsheet for my maintenance items. Separate sections for engine ADs, engine SBs, airframe ADs, airframe SBs, accessory ADs (none) and SBs. Also an "other" category where I keep track of items that need to be renewed (batteries, fire extinguisher, CO detector, Alt/transponder check). I don't track oil changes on it, just do them by aircraft usage, but you could add a row for that as well.

Columns are: Type/Number, Authority (FAA/Lycoming/etc.), Description, Status (N/A, Completed, Superseded, Active), Last (when done), Due (next due).

I don't have every AD/SB listed - the spreadsheet would be 5 pages long. Some don't apply due to the S/N or date range, or I don't have the equipment installed (for example: G1000 or AmSafe). Before each annual I hilight the items we need to accomplish (for my last annual, just completed, we only had to do 2 items: AD 2015-19-07, Lycoming fuel line support clamp inspection, and Diamond SI 40-151, Andair fuel valve with extension inspection). The first has to be done every Annual so it is listed as Active, the second is a one-time inspection, so it is now listed as Completed with no Due date.

If you want to PM me I can email you a copy, although the list of items for your airframe will be different.

Steve