3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Sara
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N687DA
Airports: KPAE

Re: PTT microphone volume

Post by BlueYonder »

Thanks, all. Plane is going in next week for its annual, and I've passed your suggestions on to the shop so they can look into it.
The highest art form of all is a human being in control of himself and his airplane in flight, urging the spirit of a machine to match his own. -- Richard Bach
Soareyes
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: N518R
Airports: KINF

Re: PTT microphone volume

Post by Soareyes »

GMA 1360 Sidetone Issue - Resolved

Searching the forums, I may have missed it but it looks like it has been several years since the subject of sidetone has come up. This post adds information pertinent to the GMA 1360 audio and Nxi panels.

Sidetone in my DA42 with Nxi was working normally until some recent avionics work at the service center. For an unrelated squawk they reinstalled the system software which took all the settings back to the basic defaults.

During my first flight a few days later, I could hear everything on the radios normally except when transmitting. Intercom worked, reception was good, others could hear me but I could not hear myself when transmitting. Pilot and copilot, multiple headsets. No amount of fiddling with the various volume controls on the panel or the headsets helped. Doing the audio preflight procedure described in the G1000 Pilot's Guide didn't help.

Accessing configuration/maintenance mode on the PFD and MFD; sure enough, sidetone settings were OFF.

Here is a picture of the configuration page as I found it. The 3D Audio (previous issue, unrelated to sidetone) has already been set to ON. The sidetone settings for Com 1 and Com 2 were OFF. Turning them ON and saving the configuration fixed the problem.
Sidetone.jpg
Current: DA42-V1

Previous: Hang gliders, Paraglider, DA40(x3), Cessna 150 Aerobat, SR22