1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Mert
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N946DS
Airports: KHEF

Window latch

Post by Mert »

The latch on the Co-Pilot side has broken, see picture attached. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement without having to purchase a whole new window?
image.jpeg
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Re: Window latch

Post by Antoine »

DavidS
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: KHEF

Post by DavidS »

Welcome to the forum Mert. I saw your intro in the Manassas hangar e-mail list the other day, will try to catch up sometime and introduce myself. (A couple rows away it seems.)

FWIW, I'd stick to the acrylic replacements. The metal ones are indestructible, which is the problem - they could, in theory and with time, wear straight through the primary canopy since they're much harder than the canopy material.

If you do wind up ordering any from Dillan's, if you wouldn't mind let me know the cost and I'd be probably be willing to order some with you and split shipping. I'm trying to accumulate some spares of silly little things...
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

DavidS wrote:FWIW, I'd stick to the acrylic replacements. The metal ones are indestructible, which is the problem - they could, in theory and with time, wear straight through the primary canopy since they're much harder than the canopy material.
DavidS, I am not sure from where you are taking your assumption. Did you try the metal ones? In my plane and after a few years of use, I cannot see any of the problem described. :shock:
Mert wrote:The latch on the Co-Pilot side has broken, see picture attached. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement without having to purchase a whole new window?
image.jpeg
Mert, welcome to the forum. The topic is somewhat worn out and there are several threads to this already. Please, use the search function before posting. This avoids starting the same topics each time a new member enters the forum.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)