3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Curt
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N215CS
Airports: 22N

Re: G1000 checklists

Post by curts63 »

Thank you Rick for the information, also, the checklist you uploaded is great. I'm going to use that as my templet and modify it for my use. I did find the checklist editor on Garmin's website.

Curt
Scottsware
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N343SG
Airports: KAPA

Post by Scottsware »

I'm stumped. I trying to edit some .ace file in the Garmin editor. Some .ace files seem to be read only as in I cannot edit any part of the checklist. If I create a brand new empty checklist I can edit it. I can also edit some .ace files but not others. Anyone know how to make a read only .ace editable?

Thanks,
Scott
Scottsware
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Registration: N343SG
Airports: KAPA

Post by Scottsware »

I got less stumped right after I posted this. The secret is to open a .ace file then select File->Save As. The new file is editable.

>I'm stumped. I trying to edit some .ace file in the Garmin editor. Some .ace files seem to be read only as in I cannot edit any part of the checklist. If I create a brand new empty checklist I can edit it. I can also edit some .ace files but not others. Anyone know how to make a read only .ace editable?<
curts63
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by curts63 »

I am not very tech savvy, so I may not be the best to answer this. When I downloaded the two above listed .ace files, I tried to edit them, no luck. What I was able to do is to create a new checklist, and then copy and paste portions from the existing checklists. I was able to edit or add on to the previously created files. I saved the new checklist under my own name and downloaded it to my MFD card.

Of course, I haven't had a chance to get to the plane and test any of it yet.
curts63
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by curts63 »

Ok, I went to the plane, loaded my updated cards, and no Checklist was available. Went to the Aux page, and it said it wasn't available. I just had my software updated to 321.23 It looks like they forgot to "turn on" the checklist feature. After all, they forgot to unlock the synthetic vision and check the 50 gallon tank option. I really don't want to have to go back to them again. Is it possible to restart the system and go into the configuration and turn the Checklist feature on myself? If so, how do I do that?
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Post by Rick »

curts63 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:58 pm Ok, I went to the plane, loaded my updated cards, and no Checklist was available. Went to the Aux page, and it said it wasn't available. I just had my software updated to 321.23 It looks like they forgot to "turn on" the checklist feature. After all, they forgot to unlock the synthetic vision and check the 50 gallon tank option. I really don't want to have to go back to them again. Is it possible to restart the system and go into the configuration and turn the Checklist feature on myself? If so, how do I do that?
Are you sure you have the chklist.ace file on the LOWER card in the MFD? That is the first thing to check. I don't think there is an installation option to enable the checklist, I thought it just came with the 321.23 base version.
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
curts63
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by curts63 »

I have a checklist that i made and copied to the MFD card. Does it have to be called checklist.ace or can it be anything else.ace?
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Post by Rick »

I am pretty sure the file must be called "chklist.ace". I think the G1000 software looks for a file with that exact name in the root folder of the SD card.
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
curts63
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by curts63 »

ok, I'll try renaming it to chklist.ace and see what happens. Thank you.