2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: James
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N730DS
Airports: KMCC

Re: Wench by the Tail

Post by JamesDS »

And one other thing: when riding the tail, face the prop so that you can see the main wheel on its guide line.

(Waving your hat and yelling "yahoo, yahoo" like Slim Pickens riding the dropping bomb in the movie "Dr. Strangelove" is entirely optional.) (OK. That was obscure. From Wikipedia: "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, commonly known as Dr. Strangelove, is a 1964 black comedy film which satirizes the nuclear scare.")

James
Jean
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jean
Aircraft Registration: N446DC
Airports: EBLG

Post by Jean »

JamesDS wrote:And one other thing: when riding the tail, face the prop so that you can see the main wheel on its guide line.

(Waving your hat and yelling "yahoo, yahoo" like Slim Pickens riding the dropping bomb in the movie "Dr. Strangelove" is entirely optional.) (OK. That was obscure. From Wikipedia: "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, commonly known as Dr. Strangelove, is a 1964 black comedy film which satirizes the nuclear scare.")

James
Great movie ;)
40.446, G1000, KAP 140, Hartzell Metal
Gary
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gary
Aircraft Registration: N286DS
Airports: KSAW

Post by Gary »

JamesDS wrote:And one other thing: when riding the tail, face the prop so that you can see the main wheel on its guide line.

James
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSQAZEp3PA[/youtube]
GLDAS
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Registration: N969GL
Airports: LL10

Post by GLDAS »

If we started offering Hangar Wenches in the online shop, i think our ISP would shut it down for a violation of ToS! 8)

Of all the solutions that I've seen, nothing works better for me than the Power Tow from www.powertow.com

The nylon / teflon DA40 adapters don't scratch anything, and being able to lift the drive wheel to aim the nose gear in a different direction is really helpful. It's an expensive unit for what is not much more than a lawnmower engine and transmission, but it works.

A neighbor uses a big zero-turn-radius mower, but that many angles makes my hair hurt (castering front wheels on mower and plane - yikes!)
-dan
dan@greatlakesdiamond.com
Dan P. Eldridge
Great Lakes Diamond