4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N233MA
Airports: KMGY

Re: Lost com G1000

Post by Tim H »

Taxiing out this morning on my way to OSH I lost my audio. (G1000 with a GMA 1347) Pulled the audio panel breaker and picked up Com 1 on the pilot side only. Reset the audio breaker and lost Com 1. (So I can hear Com 1 with the audio breaker pulled but not with the audio breaker in). The audio panel is getting power (the lights work).

I thought the “fail-safe” mode if the panel failed was Com 1 on the pilot’s side, but I did not think the breaker had to be pulled for it to go into “fail-safe” mode.

Audio tech pulled the audio panel and will send to Garmin for repair.

Worst part is I won’t be flying to OSH.
Tim H
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by Tim H »

Carsten

After reading your original post, you issues sounds very similar to mine. What was the final fix?

Tim
csalewski
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Carsten
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: DEXAV
Airports: EDDV

Post by csalewski »

It was the audio panel. Replacing it was $800 or so. No more issues. Good luck! Carsten

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Tim H
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by Tim H »

I got my audio panel back from Garmin and tried to go for a test flight today. On my taxi out, it failed again. Tried to reset using the circuit breaker, but that did not work.

Looking at the wiring diagram in the AMM, I could not figure out how Comm 1 defaults to the pilots headset when the audio breaker is pulled. Is there a relay that could be causing a problem?

Anyone have any ideas?

Tim
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

Tim H wrote:I got my audio panel back from Garmin and tried to go for a test flight today. On my taxi out, it failed again. Tried to reset using the circuit breaker, but that did not work.

Looking at the wiring diagram in the AMM, I could not figure out how Comm 1 defaults to the pilots headset when the audio breaker is pulled. Is there a relay that could be causing a problem?

Anyone have any ideas?

Tim
This default is built into the audio panel itself as a failsafe. It just becomes a passive device in this mode without power.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
Tim H
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by Tim H »

My GMA 1347 problem has been resolved. The repaired unit came back from Garmin with software that did not match the Diamond Operation Software. Once the Diamond System Software was loaded into the GMA 1347, the problem was resolved. The strange part is, the software incompatibility didn't show up until the engine was running for a few minutes.

Tim
emailme
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Martin
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: N829TD
Airports: EDLN

Post by emailme »

In May, I had lost comms on an IFR flight.
ATC said they were trying to contact me on the old, the new AND emergency frequences.
I was unable to hear COM1 (act) and COM2 (monitor), but I could hear NAV2 (ATIS), so the head phone etc. were fully functional. I believe I saw the TX when transmitting.
After switching back and forth between COMs 1 and 2 and act/stby freq, everything came back, first COM2, later COM1.
I had everything checkt thoroughly, to no avail; no error codes were filed.