5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Re: G1000 - how to update DB

Post by CFIDave »

Check the main relays. There are relays for avionics, main bus, etc. that distribute power "upstream" of the panel's circuit breakers. Assuming someone didn't accidentally activate the ESSENTIAL BUS switch on the panel, one of these relays connecting the main-to-essential bus could account for half of the aircraft systems being off-line.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
CBeak
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N614DS
Airports: KSGU

Post by CBeak »

The problem was a $10 relay that couldn’t make up its mind.
Jean
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jean
Aircraft Registration: N446DC
Airports: EBLG

Post by Jean »

Hello,
I have another problem with Database update on our G1000.
Since last update (March), I don't have the 8.33 kHz frequencies available anymore on the WPT pages.
I contacted Jepp to get a new upload file, which they gave me with some instructions to reload the Database:
I have reset your download counter and provided an extra. The extra download is there in case the issue persists and you have to contact Garmin and they instruct you to reload. This is to say do not program the card twice from the same download.

To see this download please clear the cache in JDM. To clear your cache go to the JDM menu in the top left -> Tech Support -> clear cache. It will ask you if you are sure you want to delete local data then have you log in again. Afterwards, please transfer the data to your device again. When you get to the unit it may not want to update the NavData. Attempt it once but if the unit skips updating power it off, then with the Nav card inserted hold the second from the left soft key in while booting up. This will allow you to fully reinstall the database into the unit.

If issues persist I recommend you contact Garmin to troubleshoot unit display issues.
It did not work (there is no softkey before startup and pushing the 2nd left hardkey doesn't do anything). So I called my avionics shop and had this answer:
Please find attached the Service Advisory 1865A from Garmin.
Here you can see that the G1000 PFD-MFD (GDU) softw. version should be 15.10 or higher
As far as I can see, has N446DC G1000 softw version 0321-22 this is the Highest version available for a non-Waas DA40-180. This gives a GDU(PFD-MFD) softw. 9.15
(for Waas equipt DA40-180 0321-23 is the highest available softw this has GDU softw. 12.05)
In both cases there is no solution. There is no softw available for a DA40-180 to display the 8.33khz frequencies, Sorry !!!!!!!.
The Softw. should come from Diamond.
Does anyone have the same issue ?
Attachments
SA_1865A_G1000.pdf
(89.77 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
40.446, G1000, KAP 140, Hartzell Metal
Jean
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jean
Aircraft Registration: N446DC
Airports: EBLG

Post by Jean »

By the way, I did not notice that with the January and February updates.
40.446, G1000, KAP 140, Hartzell Metal