2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Peter
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports:

DA20 pre-buy

Post by PeterK »

Looking/thinking about DA20. Anyone in Philadelphia area to do a pre-buy inspection?
Derek
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Derek
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: CGPDN
Airports: CYTZ

Re: DA20 pre-buy

Post by Derek »

I don’t know anyone in that area but if you’re interested in comparing I just upgraded to a DA40 and am selling my 20 after owning and loving it for 10 years. You can call or txt me at 416-728-7551
Derek
PeterK
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Peter
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports:

Post by PeterK »

Derek:
After careful consideration I cannot convince myself DA20 would be a good option for me. I would enjoy flying it, but I want more range/luggage capacity.
thefoxx
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Arthur
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: GIIM
Airports: CYKA

Post by thefoxx »

I also own a DA20 and have done many long trips with it (Canada to Nevada, Canada to Arizona) and it has been very adequate for just myself travelling with a full backpack and a carryone suitcase - and still very much a head turner wherever I land (and there are people!). However if you have two people travelling, the luggage room would be challenging for longer trips for sure.

Range for me is about 4 hours - my bladder and butt gives out and needs a break before that, but again - if you have 2 pax and have to decrease fuel, then that is an obvious one!

Just depends on your travel style I guess - good luck with the DA40 hunt - I hope to have one in my future as well!

PeterK wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:19 am Derek:
After careful consideration I cannot convince myself DA20 would be a good option for me. I would enjoy flying it, but I want more range/luggage capacity.