Are we allowed to post wanted to buy?

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

JohnE
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: John
Aircraft Type: DA20-A1
Airports: KENW

Are we allowed to post wanted to buy?

Post by JohnE »

The subject says it all. I posted a wanted to buy post and I believe it got deleted with no notification to me. Thanks. John
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Re: Are we allowed to post wanted to buy?

Post by Chris »

The forum is not intended for use as a marketplace. We prohibit the use of the site by dealers for selling aircraft (i.e. no commercial use), and also discourage users from soliciting offers to sell. There's a limited exception for senior members who can use the Classifieds forum. I believe this is spelled out in the Forum Guidelines, but perhaps the wording needs to be clarified.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
JohnE
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: John
Aircraft Type: DA20-A1
Airports: KENW

Post by JohnE »

I'm a long time Diamond owner and am looking to upgrade. It is somewhat surprising to me that I can't create a post looking to buy an Diamond aircraft on this site. Let me know if I need to purchase such a posting (and the price of doing so) or if it's okay to create a posting "looking to buy a DA40 or DA42". As an owner, I would find it useful to have people being able to post a "Looking to buy a DA20". regards. John
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

It shouldn't be surprising since it's posted in the Forum Guidelines and you don't see other people posting offers to buy or sell aircraft on here outside of the Classifieds section. There are plenty of places on the web where you can find Diamond aircraft to purchase.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO