Registered Users count

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Registered Users count

Post by rwtucker »

Kai,

This is not an issue worth much attention but I noticed that the registered users count on some threads is zero, even though I am logged on. I tested one the other day by logging off, then logging back on again. When I did, the Guest count incremented by one. I also noticed that, recently, I have to log on again when I open a browser to this URL. The old logon persistence is gone.

Bob

P.S. I was using Chrome. I haven't checked with other browsers but I can do.
Gasser
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jeff
Aircraft Registration: N415AM
Airports: KADH

Re: Registered Users count

Post by Gasser »

I have to log in every time on my I pad. Not a big deal.
Jeff

PRIVATE PILOT, IFR
2005 DA40 SOLD
2006 SR22, A/C, TKS, AVIDYINE PFD/MFD, IFD 540/440, AXP322 remote ADS-B TRANSPONDER, AMX240 AUDIO PANEL, MLB100 ADS B in.
168 KTAS 9,000' msl @ 13.6 gph LOP. 1005 pound useful load.
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by rwtucker »

Kai,

I think I have notices another change in addition to the user count and persistent logon issues. The past week or so, I have not received automated email notifying me of a new post in a thread in which I have participated.

Hmmm.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

rwtucker wrote:The past week or so, I have not received automated email notifying me of a new post in a thread in which I have participated.
I've got a couple of those in the past few days, so I think it's still at least partially working.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by rwtucker »

Chris,

Is your persistent log on cookie still working? Mine stopped about the same time I stopped receiving notices. Now, I have to log on repeatedly, sometimes even if I leave the browser window open. No changes on any of my systems and the problems began appearing on different devices with different browsers. To your point, I was not notified of your post. (BTW: 2:57AM !!! Gotta cut off that coffee earlier . . . or were you up for an early flight?)
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Chris »

rwtucker wrote:Is your persistent log on cookie still working? Mine stopped about the same time I stopped receiving notices. Now, I have to log on repeatedly, sometimes even if I leave the browser window open. No changes on any of my systems and the problems began appearing on different devices with different browsers.
My persistent login cookie seems to be working. I haven't had to sign in for at least a week, probably longer. I guess just some accounts are affected.
To your point, I was not notified of your post. (BTW: 2:57AM !!! Gotta cut off that coffee earlier . . . or were you up for an early flight?)
Hmm... it looks like something might be wrong with the time settings. I'm sure I was asleep well before 2:57AM!
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Sorry for my late reply. So there are two issues:

1) registered user count on "users browsing this forum" doesn't work. I checked with IE and found the same. I checked in phpbb forums and found that other forum admins found the same problem and it seems it was never fixed. http://www.phpbb-seo.com/en/advanced-se ... e3107.html Will look deeper into it today.

2) Cannot stay logged on although "keep me me logged in" option is checked. It has to do something with secure cookies and the fact that the browsers will ignore secure cookies sent over HTTP, which is why you are being logged out. Will see if I can do something about it.

3) No automated system email to advise new posts have been made to a thread. I am trying to reproduce this error. If everyone who is subscribed to this thread has received an email after me posting it, it works. I did change some settings to improve this, but not sure if it worked.

Will look into this today.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Testuser

Post by Testuser »

This is a post for testing. I have already received the topic reply notification per email. Who is subscribed to this thread and has not received it?
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

One more issue which was mentioned: Chris is awake at 2:57 AM. I wouldn't worry too much about Chris being sleepless. All times on the board are UTC so it might be that the PST = UTC -7 and he was awake at 19:57 when posting. That is acceptable for members over 6 years of age. :D
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Chris »

FWIW, I received the notification email, as usual.
Kai wrote:All times on the board are UTC so it might be that the PST = UTC -7 and he was awake at 19:57 when posting.
I expected the user's time zone setting to adjust the displayed times to local time, which is also implied by the table header which currently shows the following for me: