Registered Users count

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Re: Registered Users count

Post by rwtucker »

Kai,

I just checked in and did not receive notification of any of the above postings that occurred since my last post.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Rob,

if you are not subscribed to the topic you won't get any notifications. Can you check if you asked for notifications, please? (Actually this is the default setting for all posts, but one can disable with one click)
DAN_submitpost.png
Chris,

the time displayed can be changed in the user settings. All times displayed are the ones we adjusted in our user settings, so if a user browses through the post of others, he will not see their but his own local time.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by rwtucker »

Kai,

The first thing I checked last week was to see if the system had "unchecked" my subscriptions status. It had not.

Enable BBCode by default: Yes
Enable smilies by default: Yes
Attach my signature by default: Yes
Notify me upon replies by default: Yes

It may be useful to note that this problem seems to have appeared overnight, without my intervention, at approximately the same time you notified us that a bad script had caused us to be blacklisted. I can't tie it down to a specific day, only that I noticed that I had not received any traffic for several days.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

Kai wrote:the time displayed can be changed in the user settings. All times displayed are the ones we adjusted in our user settings, so if a user browses through the post of others, he will not see their but his own local time.
That is what doesn't seem to be working, at least for me. Even though my time zone is set to PST/PDT, all of the times displayed seem to be in UTC. For example, my prior post was made at 10:37pm local time (UTC-7) but it's displaying as 5:37am for me. So either the time zone math isn't being handled properly for my account or the server's time is set incorrectly. It's obviously not a big deal, but I thought the odd behavior might point to something else being wrong. Perhaps it's just a client-side problem. I'll try logging out and back in later to see if it helps.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
trepine
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gilman
Aircraft Registration: N820AM
Airports: KSDL

Post by trepine »

Kia, I do lots of php programming, I have encountered this problem before with persistent logins. There are a couple ways I have gone about fixing it.

The simplest is to do a redirect that when someone comes to the non ssl site redirect them to the ssl one. Then they will then see the secure cookie and be automatically logged in. This seems seamless to the user.

The other easy one is to create an iframe to hold hold the content and then set the source to a ssl address.

There are other things you can do server side or client side depending on what access you have to your server but these are both easy to do.
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by rwtucker »

Gilman,

Good suggestions but the question remains, what changed? persistent logins worked without fail for me for the past year and one half, then stopped a few weeks ago.
trepine
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gilman
Aircraft Registration: N820AM
Airports: KSDL

Post by trepine »

Did he update the server or phpbb? If so the setting may have changed, if so maybe the scope of the cookies also changed. Both php and apache have setting that affect cookies.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Server was hacked. Working on it and trying to recover.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)