Flying withdrawal

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Flying withdrawal

Post by Chris »

There really aren't too many downsides to spending a long vacation in the south of France, but one of them is that I really miss being able to go flying when I want to. It's been 56 days (not that I'm counting) since I last flew the DA42 and at least another 25 before I'll be back at the home airport. Yeah, I know... first world problems.

I was noticeably rusty after only a six week break earlier this summer when the plane was at Premier for some upgrades and to take care of some deferred maintenance. This time it'll be 11 weeks. That's assuming the Oregon weather will still be somewhat cooperative in early November and assuming that leaving the plane sitting idle in the hangar for so long hasn't allowed some gremlins to creep in.

I'd love to find some Diamond pilots who aren't too far from Avignon and who are looking for an excuse to go flying sometime. It would be interesting to learn first-hand about the differences between flying in Europe vs the US. I'd even "settle" for a ride in Antoine's EA-400 if there aren't any Diamonds nearby. :D
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Re: Flying withdrawal

Post by Colin »

After that long a break I took my CFII up with me. That made me feel better about making the next flight with family members.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

I’m flying next weekend to Andorra and will land to Beziers for refueling. On the way back (Monday/Tuesday) I’ll make one-day stop somewhere in southern France but my wife is choosing the place. At least I’ll overfly you.
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

ememic99 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:07 pm I’m flying next weekend to Andorra and will land to Beziers for refueling. On the way back (Monday/Tuesday) I’ll make one-day stop somewhere in southern France but my wife is choosing the place. At least I’ll overfly you.
Sounds like a great weekend trip! I'm hoping to get over to Andorra someday. The closest we've been is just down the road in Serdinya. Les Pyrénées are beautiful. Hopefully next year we'll make it back over there for some hiking. Safe travels... we'll keep an eye out for you flying overhead. ;)

I'm pretty sure there's a DA40 based somewhere close to us. Maybe Eyguières. At least I've seen it a few times crossing the Alpilles, headed in that direction.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Steve
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N432SC
Airports: 1T7

Post by Steve »

Looks like this place isn't too far from Avignon. Maybe give them a call. They have DA40s and 42s.

https://cannes-aviation.com/en/