Nickels and dimes

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

AndrewM
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Andrew
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N897KC
Airports:

Re: Nickels and dimes

Post by AndrewM »

Dan... each to their own I guess.

And I have to say, I feel for all the Boeing employees who have either lost their jobs or at high risk, at no fault of their own but due to poor company leadership. And now with CV-19 the aviation industry is in even greater distress. So, not so sure giving a few bucks off a subscription would be at the top of Boeing's public relations priority list right now, nor make any difference whatsoever in moving someone off FF and onto Garmin pilot. I think they have an outstanding product, continuously innovate and have super responsive customer service. I think we should be supporting these people, not nit-picking for an extra month's subscription for free.
Diamond_Dan
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N456AS
Airports: KLWM

Post by Diamond_Dan »

One more thing I consider: Foreflight costs (roughly) the same to produce whether people are flying or not. Auto insurance claims go down when nobody is driving.

Granted, if I lived in a place where I was essentially grounded due to the virus, I might be more inclined to ask for a suspension in my service.

I could buy cheaper gas at neighboring airports, but I get it from my home field or my destination whenever possible. To me it is a very small investment in the networks I rely on.
TimS
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Timothy
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N1446C
Airports: 6B6 Stowe MA

Post by TimS »

Diamond_Dan wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:14 pm One more thing I consider: Foreflight costs (roughly) the same to produce whether people are flying or not. Auto insurance claims go down when nobody is driving.
Actually FF could have cut costs during the shutdown if they had the desire too. With less flights, less support required, less new customer installs....
Boeing/Garmin disctractted, they could also have slowed down development.

Tim