G1000NXi - The Missing Features

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: G1000NXi - The Missing Features

Post by Boatguy »

CFIDave wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 pm
Boatguy wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:17 pmDave: Can you suggest when you might be able to take all of these items to DAI and receive an official response? Particularly the safety of flight item raised by the GTX345R bug?

G1000 NXi Missing Features
I think we as an owner group need to figure out the right strategy for this.
I think the strategy is to get some regularly scheduled face to face meetings. I am willing to go to London, ON or Austria to meet with DAI once a year, and I think they should come to some “neutral” location, (or perhaps Olathe, KS!) to meet owners once a year. A real conversation needs to be face to face every six months. The DAI representative should be a direct report to Mr. McFadzean and/or the DAI CEO in Europe whom I think is the overall DAI CEO.

You seem to have the most direct line to Mr. McFadzean so I think you should work with him to establish that first meeting and then whomever can or will attend will do so. I would hope we can get at least 3-4 owners, ideally representing different models, to attend. We should expect that the people responsible for implementing whatever we discuss will be made available to participate in the meeting. I’m willing to spend 2-3 days there to grind through the issues as needed. It probably makes sense to have the de facto owner’s reps meet for one day prior to the first meeting with DAI so we’re all on the same page.

I think your initial problem segmentation and definition is a fine starting point and then it will evolve after we have real interaction with the people whose job it is to address our concerns.

I think the forum here is useful but ultimately limited. If we want to see real progress, we need to sit down in the same room.
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Post by TwinStarScott »

Well said Russ.

Thank you for being willing to travel on behalf of the owner's group, even internationally! And should it be Austria, it would create the opportunity to possibly visit with the European signatories - Emir and Hans.
jast
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jan
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: DIODE
Airports: EDMA

Post by jast »

I‘d be happy to travel to Wiener Neustadt to represent the Diamond community if needed.
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Post by chili4way »

Diamond plans to address the NXI Missing Features in a software upgrade targeted for late 2021.

See G1000 Legacy & NXI Software Upgrades Announcement.