New Diamond Service Center at KLAL

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

RMarkSampson
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: N966CT
Airports: KPCM

New Diamond Service Center at KLAL

Post by RMarkSampson »

PIREP of a fairly recently established Diamond Service Center at KLAL - Fixed Wing Aviation Maintenance. I was just across the ramp at Gulf Coast Avionics getting a Garmin G5 installed and spotted the Diamond Service Center sign. Besides the avionics work I was also dealing with a fuel pump issue. Steve Miller at FWAM was able to get me in and did a real nice job getting the pump swapped and dialed in. Looks like they are expanding from a fairly robust Cirrus Service Center and have jumped into our sphere of the aviation world.

As with anything new, I'm sure their Diamond knowledge and experience will grow with time and exposure. Right now I can only comment on their Continental Engine expertise - which I found to be solid, especially when dealing with the nuances of fuel pressure setup numbers. Being an established Cirrus center means their composite work is likely high quality. They had a DA42 being worked on and a Diamond "project" tucked in the back of the hangar - a HK36 that suffered some significant damage during Hurricane Irma when the hangar collapsed on it. Certainly hope they can bring that bird back from the broken but salvageable nest. I'll likely have another PIREP on them soon, my annual is due in December. So if in need of a Diamond Service Center on the West Coast of Florida (and home of the SunN'Fun flyin)- give them a look at http://www.fixedwingaviation.com
Thaddeus M
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Thaddeus
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N585BW
Airports: N14

Re: New Diamond Service Center at KLAL

Post by Thaddeus M »

Hi Mark, I'm curious as to which fuel pump failed and what did you replace it with ?( Dukes or Weldon) also how many hours on it. Thanks
RMarkSampson
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: N966CT
Airports: KPCM

Re: New Diamond Service Center at KLAL

Post by RMarkSampson »

The fuel pump was the engine-driven fuel pump - not the electric fuel pump. The engine-driven fuel pump did not "fail" but it had indications of fuel seeping out and likely bad diaphragm.

For the electric fuel pump - I've run that gauntlet before. My post is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5130&hilit=dukes#p55795