SR22 Generation 5

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Gasser
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jeff
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N415AM
Airports: KADH

Re: SR22 Generation 5

Post by Gasser »

With the Cirrus g1000 interface down low as well, your eyes spend some time down there as well. However once you have it down pat, I found my eyes were only down a very minimal amount of time. Not much different than looking down at my screen in my Diamond.
The only thing I didn't like is moving my head a lot with a hood on or n IMC helps with spatial disorientation more by having all the n terrace even lower. At least with my Diamond I only need to move my eyes and not my head.
Jeff

PRIVATE PILOT, IFR
2005 DA40 SOLD
2006 SR22, A/C, TKS, AVIDYINE PFD/MFD, IFD 540/440, AXP322 remote ADS-B TRANSPONDER, AMX240 AUDIO PANEL, MLB100 ADS B in.
168 KTAS 9,000' msl @ 13.6 gph LOP. 1005 pound useful load.
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

I agree that the panel-mounted G1000 keeps you from having to move your head very much.

The Garmin G2000 located in the center console (about where the manual trim wheels are located on the DA40/DA42) on the Cessna Corvalis TTx is worse for heads-down movement because it's a touch screen: you're forced to look at it since there's no tactile feedback as with G1000 physical buttons and knobs. It's like trying to type on an iPad; you have to look at the screen to know which key/button you're selecting.

With the Cirrus Perspective you can still use all the panel-mounted knobs and physical buttons; with the TTx G2000 (with the exception of the autopilot) you can't -- you're forced to use the console-mounted touchscreen.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
ThomRiddle
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Thom
Aircraft Type: DA20-A1
Aircraft Registration: N71LV
Airports: K9G0

Post by ThomRiddle »

...the first aircraft produced with Mexican parts had composite wing panels de-laminate in flight! Cessna had to relearn how to build composite parts properly....

In 1982, I was working in Mexico, supervising the electrical and mechanical systems installation in a new Delco plant being built. The set of human resources available there is markedly different than we have in the US. For example, when they were building a concrete block wall office within the big plant, the workmen built three complete walls with the exterior wall being the 4th. Once the walls were built, the one guy who could read a drawing took his tape measure and drew on the walls where the windows and door openings were to be cut. Different resources require different approaches to getting the job done. If you don't understand the limitations of what you are working with, you will get sub-optimum results. Once you do understand, and make provisions for it, the Mexican work force can be very productive.
Thom in Buffalo
==========
DA20-A1
N71LV

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous