The "Other" DAA

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Re: The "Other" DAA

Post by CFIDave »

I just got this explanation via email:

We apologize for the website being down for a week. A problem with the domain name link, our server and our hosting provider resulted in the link going down until we could get it transferred to a new server.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

We are back up and running!

Diamond Aviators Association
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
bcocheran
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Brad
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: N373AM
Airports: KELK

Post by bcocheran »

Well, just checked in there. Not much activity there! Thanks for lighting this one up Kai. Greatly appreciated!!
Brad Cocheran (KELK)
N373AM (2005 Diamond DA20)
N951TB (2006 Piper Meridian)
and several others...

Former:
N216DG (G1000) (40.698) - KELK
N108LC (G1000) 2013 SR22T
N835SR (Avidyne) 2006 SR22
Don
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Don
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N623DS
Airports: KTOA

Post by Don »

I have belonged to the other forum since 2003. Yes, it is a ghost town there. Whats worst is the managment does not seem to care or want to make improvments. Sadly, after ten years of belonging, I will not renew my membership there.
Tommy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tommy
Aircraft Registration: N591CA
Airports: KCGF

Post by Tommy »

Just thought I would revive this thread. This site has been a little slow lately, or at least it appears that way.
Would hate to see it run the way of the other site.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

haha... this is absolutely off-topic, Tommy: the thread is called "The other DAA", not "this one". But yes, I feel the same way. I know that the number of daily hits increases dramatically after each update of this page and since the last update this summer, I haven't worked on the frontend. Rick has been helping but more on the backend and it can't really be noticed except for the quality of posts and membership.

Then there is something else: many of the typical questions and challenges of new ownership have been asked and replied to many times. No need to ask them again. So a lot of our members would look up the previous replies but won't ask again.

If there is something you would like to change, improve or suggest, feel free to do so.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Tommy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Tommy »

Kai wrote:haha... this is absolutely off-topic, Tommy: the thread is called "The other DAA", not "this one". But yes, I feel the same way. I know that the number of daily hits increases dramatically after each update of this page and since the last update this summer, I haven't worked on the frontend. Rick has been helping but more on the backend and it can't really be noticed except for the quality of posts and membership.

Then there is something else: many of the typical questions and challenges of new ownership have been asked and replied to many times. No need to ask them again. So a lot of our members would look up the previous replies but won't ask again.

If there is something you would like to change, improve or suggest, feel free to do so.
I have nothing to suggest. Just an observation on my part. I'd hate to see the forum lose its appeal and or relevance. We do have a common element, don't we? It would be wise to support it.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Tommy wrote: I have nothing to suggest. Just an observation on my part. I'd hate to see the forum lose its appeal and or relevance. We do have a common element, don't we? It would be wise to support it.
Sorry, I didn't get it... "support a common element"? What are you referring to?
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Tommy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Tommy »

Kai wrote:
Tommy wrote: I have nothing to suggest. Just an observation on my part. I'd hate to see the forum lose its appeal and or relevance. We do have a common element, don't we? It would be wise to support it.
Sorry, I didn't get it... "support a common element"? What are you referring to?
Diamond Aircraft
We all have a common interest in Diamond Aircraft.
I think. :scratch:
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Post by Rick »

Relax, everybody - this forum always gets quite over the holidays! Next week things will pick right back up again. Then we will go dead around Christmas, and pick back up the first of the year. At least, that has been the pattern in previous years. Not much chance of this forum dying away any time soon, I don't think...
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
Lance Murray
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lance
Airports:

Post by Lance Murray »

Just to add to this discussion. A couple years ago I made several attempts to re-join. I paid the fee, was never able to log on, my emails went unanswered and I gave up forever.

Not sure what the issues are over there but the free and open discussions here are a better fit for me.