Custom Aircraft Trimmers aka Jason Cooper

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Re: Custom Aircraft Trimmers aka Jason Cooper

Post by Colin »

(Antoine already won the case, it's now a question of collecting on the judgement. Across international borders I assume he is not optimistic.)
you may have saved a lot of us some huge pain and frustration
That's why I kept pushing for this information to be on here. Even if it gets dated and is five years old, someone searching for the name of the company will be able to read the experience of one owner. That's critical.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Post by Antoine »

nolen95 wrote: Unbelievable. I hope you win the case...keep us informed.
The court case is closed and won, thank you nevertheless for the supporting words.
I must now have the judgement enforced. As Colin points out, it is not trivial. I am doing what it takes. I have already spent quite some energy and money on this legal effort, with the goal of being in a position to expose them without risking a lawsuit myself. So now I'll take it all the way to full enforcement.
Now that I have a court ruling (and have found out about two more) against Custom Aircraft Trimmers, I feel comfortable disclosing what I went through. The name Jason Cooper must be noted because it is quite likely that his present company will go TU under the 3 court cases and he might start a new business.
It made my day to read that at least one forum member was "rescued" from falling into this scam thanks to this thread. :thumbsup:
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Antoine »

Some aircraft owners do not dare come out in the open with issues that affect their aircraft, and dishonest suppliers take advantage of this: "If you talk about my wrongdoing, it will affect the resale value of your bird". This blackmail scheme doesn't work with me though. I am determined to disclosing this unfortunate story in full because:

1. Such crooks must be exposed at any cost. They must feel the full consequences of their dishonest conduct and the community must be warned about them for obvious reasons. I don't care about the 10'500 pounds of damage the court ruled in my favor and will spend every penny and then some to take this all the way to the end.
I want Custom Aircraft Trimmers and Jason Copper to pay for their wrongdoing, regardless of whether the money goes back to me or to legal fees.

2. I believe that we pilots are "birds of a feather". If I ever sell this aircraft, which is definitely not in my plans - I would give the next owner a full disclosure anyway so that he can make an informed decision. This gives Mr Blackmailer little leverage on me and makes his wrongdoing backfire in a big way.

3. We have spent enough effort an money on correcting the faulty workmanship that I am now reasonably OK with the result, even if it is by far not the "Bentley" interior I have been promised... It is by a vast margin the nicest looking Extra 400 interior out there...

So remember these names "Custom Aircraft Trimmers" and Jason Cooper.
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Colin »

I looked at their website half a dozen times thinking up reasons that I needed to re-do my interior. Fortunately, by the time I *was* replacing the interior on a plane, you had already mentioned having a little trouble. I am not interested in even a little trouble, so I let the factory handle it.
csalewski
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Carsten
Aircraft Registration: DEXAV
Airports: EDDV

Post by csalewski »

Colin wrote:The shop that does the interiors for the factory in London is an automotive shop. As Antoine pointed out, there are no issues. I bet a really high end custom car shop could do an amazing job.
When I bought my '05 DA40 in 2010 I had the fabric interior redone by a local shop in Georgia. Norman did a lot of repair work for airlines and jets back then. I was very happy with the workmanship. I opted for a high end vinyl material instead of leather for durability with memory foam and had no issues. He also did the carpet. All paperwork was complete and it was installed by Hawk Aviation at KCZL who is unfortunately out of business.

It was his first DA40 and he certainly hoped for more business after all the effort for the templates.
I sold my DA40 over a year ago and will look for one again when our two baby girls give us a little more time. And I would go to Norman again for the interior.

Carsten
KLZU/KGVL

eHotAir
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Doug
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Aircraft Registration: N333WF
Airports: KBWG

Post by eHotAir »

I worked with Jason for about a year until I figured out he was a theif and a con man. He does great work but as Dax said, using sub par materials. My job was to communicate with potential customers because he had a very heavy accent. Hell, I only understood every other word. He started dating a girl soon after I started with him. He became erratic and unresponsive for days at a time. He would get a big deposit for s job and spend it immediately. Everything bad you have read about him is true. I never handled any payments or money. Everything was done by wire transfer directly to him. I paid him to do my DA40. I loved it. Basically, I ended our relationship over his egotistical attitude that he was right and everyone else was wrong. He didn’t provide service to the customers. He charged some customers for shipping and for others it was included. I mostly helped him with the R44 helicopter interiors. I think I only sold three DA40 jobs. But Jason is a nightmare. I was trying to help a guy from England to get some footing in the US market. All I created for myself was a one way ticket to frustration. Stay away from JASON COOPER. He is a con man, a crook and a thief. He will screw you out of your money if you give him the opportunity.
Doug Robertson
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Antoine »

Doug I am glad you came out with this.
In my case it was the other way around: great leather but workmanship ranging from excellent to very very bad.
I suspect he has one genius worker and some unqualified people.
My seats are really nice but we had tons of work to fix the side panels and glare shield.
But the most important thing is that he is a crook and will blackmail you (and insult you) for additional payments - simply stay away and spread the word. Jason Cooper and Custom Aircraft Trimmers.
eHotAir
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Doug
Aircraft Type: DA40D
Aircraft Registration: N333WF
Airports: KBWG

Post by eHotAir »

Ditto, I had no idea that this link was on the DA website. I would have chimmed in earlier. After I sold my bird to Dax I just didn’t get on the site. Stay away from Jason Cooper
Doug Robertson
Lachselian
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Ian
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N856DS
Airports: KBFI

Post by Lachselian »

Just in case anyone else is looking at using these guys. I too can say that they were terrible to work with. Hopefully no one else has had to deal with this company. Ping me if you want the gory details.
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Colin »

Did you use them AFTER Antoine's report? Or just happened to bump into them?

The photos of their work are so nice. It's such a shame.