1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Marco
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: TBA
Airports:

Signed the order form today

Post by mdiprima1 »

After a demo flight in the morning I signed the order form for a 2023 DA62. I am very excited. Now I have to get me ME rating and a hangar in Florida.

There is only one thing I was disappointed with - the AC performance. I hope Diamond will upgrade it with a more powerful unit. We had 82F ambient temperature and it never really cooled down the cabin.

But besides this I am excited!!!

Thanks to all the great posts in this forum. I am looking forward to be part of the diamond community.
VickersPilot
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Registration: N00TBC
Airports:

Re: Signed the order form today

Post by VickersPilot »

Delighted for you Marco! Welcome to the club !

p.s. for the AC performance issue, just get some Jet Shades and it should fix the issue.
Steve
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N432SC
Airports: 1T7

Post by Steve »

Congrats! I still remember when I signed mine 21+ years ago (still have that airplane). I hope that your Diamond ownership experience is as good as mine has been.
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

Congrats! I signed mine in June and you also avoided the August 1 price increase! I agree on the jet shades. Part of the issue is that the windows are so large in the 62 that you need the jet shades to give that AC unit a fighting chance… one quick note, you can get the Jet Shades a bit cheaper from the company direct than you can via Diamond. I talked to Jet Shades at OSH and confirmed that they have them available to order directly for 62 owners. I use them in my Piper M600 and they make a huge difference for that AC unit too.

Now we all have to settle down for the long wait …
wpns17
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Registration: N17W
Airports:

Post by wpns17 »

Congrats !!! I'm in the process of getting my PPL at this moment. I'm looking at purchasing the DA62 as well. I'm curious as to how the whole order/finance/delivery process goes. Do you order the aircraft while putting down a deposit and then make payments during the build or do you start your payments once you accept delivery of the aircraft?
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

You typically put a 20% deposit down at the time of order -- that secures a place in Diamond's production queue. Then you owe the remaining 80% at time of delivery.

However with delivery times on some models now stretching out to more than a year, it may be possible to negotiate a smaller initial down payment. Consult with your dealer for aircraft availability.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
KTZ Pilot
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NTBD
Airports: KONX KBCT

Post by KTZ Pilot »

Congratulations! I second the comment re a/c and Jet Shades. Could not believe how much more effective the a/c was with the shades installed.
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

I love jet shades. They were in the DA62 in which I had my demo ride and seemed to work well. People forget that those windows are HUGE and the price for that great view is a lot of sun. Note that the jet shades only cover the side windows - they don’t make a shade for the front. I asked the Jet Shades guys about that at OSH and they said that with the slope, they hadn’t quite figured out how to make that work.

In my turboprop, the jet shades fit all the side windows plus there are visor shades for the windscreen. But either way, these things make a big difference for the A/C performance of any airplane. They are slightly cheaper if you order them direct from Jet Shades than from Diamond ($600 cheaper if memory serves) so that’s also an option for you.