4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

DA62 seating configurations…

Post by MackAttack »

I got a little more clarity at OSH on the DA62 seating configurations that will likely be available in North America. Right now, its either the 5-seat or 7-seat versions. 5-seat qualifies for US BasicMed. Diamond is working on certifying a new middle row with two reclining seats that are just like the pilot and co-pilot seats, and they expect that option to be available in 2022 depending on the FAA and Transport Canada. Pricing unknown relative to the standard 5-seat version. This row will also have a console in between the 2 new seats in a “VIP” configuration. Console details also unknown at this point.

However, the new bits of information I learned were: (1) if you opt for the new 2 reclining seats in the middle row, you will NOT be able to get the two rear seats because of passenger egress issues - hence these will be 4-seat aircraft, not 6-seat aircraft; (2) while this is not entirely clear, apparently you can get a 2-seat, non-reclining middle seat option right now, but they are using the same seats currently used in positions 3 and 5 - but also, I don’t think the rears are available with this either, although this was much more muddled and confused in conversations; and (3) the two middle seat configurations can be swapped out for one another although it apparently takes some time and effort.

The short answer I got was that the -62 will be available as a 4 seat, 5 seat or 7-seat configuration, but not a 6-seat configuration. That was important information for me.

It was not a detailed conversation, details are likely to follow from Diamond and this may all change as they move forward but wanted to post this to this forum. I don’t have any more info so while you’re free to ask follow up questions, this is literally all I know right now!

Cheers
UTMark
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N100DA
Airports: KSPK

Re: DA62 seating configurations…

Post by UTMark »

Great info! The reclining second row seats would be a nice option. Did they indicate if they could be retrofitted to older 62s?