1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Herb
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N504ST
Airports: Knew

300 Hour inspection

Post by hdyerla »

We are new to the DA62 we purchased with 200 hours. We are coming up on 300 hours and a little confused at what needs to be done. At purchase the salesman said just the oil, but I am reading a lot more. Does everyone do the recommended 300 hour?
Also where do you buy certain things for this aircraft? Can I buy the 100 hour oil kit and where? Coolant ? Gearbox oil? It would be nice to have these item in stock if needed as a backup. Thank you for the help
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Re: 300 Hour inspection

Post by chili4way »

If your plane is still under the initial 2-year warranty you'll want a Diamond/Austro certified mechanic to do everything called for in the aircraft maintenance manual (AMM) and Austro engine maintenance manual. Since it's your first MX on a new-to-you airplane, I'd take it to a Diamond Service Center with experience with DA62s & Austro engines. (Premier @ KFTW is reasonably close to KNEW).

Diamond/Austro parts and kits have to be ordered through a Diamond Service center. Consumables (engine oil, gearbox oil, coolant) that are approved/meet the requirements specified in the maintenance manuals can be bought from multiple places. CFIDave does a lot of the MX owners can do on a DA62 and has posted elsewhere on the topic.
ultraturtle
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Registration: N62KZ
Airports: KAAF

Post by ultraturtle »

In addition to the 100 hr service, additional Chapter 5 items include:

- Injector Cover Inspection
- Cylinder Head Inspection
- Alternator Inspection
- Gearbox Oil and Filter Change
- Flywheel/Hub Inspection

I just did my 300 hr. I fly for personal use only, part 91, so decided to forego the inspection on nearly new alternators, but had everything else done. I would particularly recommend the Flywheel/Hub inspection - one of mine needed replacement.
hdyerla
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Herb
Aircraft Registration: N504ST
Airports: Knew

Post by hdyerla »

We just did our 300 hour and our left engine failed the gearbox. Problem is they do not have any so we are down until they get one. They are saying 6 weeks. Not happy with the lack of support. We have owned the aircraft for 6 months and will be down over 8 weeks for repairs. First a fuel leak (2 weeks) now gear box (6 weeks)