5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Re: Potential New DA62 Owner

Post by ememic99 »

MackAttack wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:58 pm If they aren’t doing that yet, perhaps folks can find out in the meeting when they expect that to happen.
It's on the list of the topics that will be discussed.
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

Thanks much! Looking forward to the PIREP on that meeting!
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by MackAttack »

Just noticed something interesting and potentially relevant to the NXi discussions, assuming the meetings are still going forward in light of COVID-19. There are a number of new, 2020 DA62s being offered for sale on Controller. Of the few that have actual serial numbers posted, serial 131 is being offered by Lifestyle Aviation, and serial 133 is being offered by Premier (there is another 2020 being offered by Lifestyle which shows a 62C021 serial that may be a typo). In any case, in the equipment list for these aircraft, serial 131 is shown as having the Garmin GIA63W unit (as does the 62C021 airplane). But serial 133 is shown as equipped with the GIA64W unit.

There are no 2020 DA42VIs (or DA40NGs) shown on Controller with serial numbers as I post this, so no basis for comparison there.

That's the first one of these aircraft I have seen listed with the updated GIA64W. Might be worth exploring at the meeting for clarification regarding when the switch occurred (obviously at serial 132 or 133) and if this means those aircraft are NXi Phase 2.

Cheers
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

Just to address a few items from the previous post:

DA62 serial numbers in the form 62.XXX are built in Austria; serials 62.CXXX are built in Canada. Both are showing up in the North American region to meet customer demand. So 62.C021 offered by LifeStyle Aviation is not a typo: it's the 21st Canadian-built DA62.

I'm aware of at least one instance of an Austrian-built DA62 equipped with G1000 NXi Phase II that was ferried to the London, Ontario factory, where it had its GIA64W units temporarily replaced with NXi Phase I GIA63Ws to permit delivery. However, all new DA62s for sale now are expected to receive GIA64Ws and the new Bluetooth/3D-audio panel GMA 1360 after Transport Canada approves NXi Phase II. So buyers of all the new planes mentioned in the previous post will get the latest NXi Phase II avionics.

I expect we'll learn more at the upcoming Olathe, KS owner's meeting with Diamond and Garmin. I still plan on attending (avoiding the airlines by flying my DA62 there.)
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by MackAttack »

Thanks Dave - I figured out the Cxxx thing a few minutes after I posted. That’s good news about the 64Ws and Phase 2. And good call on the self-transport...
ultraturtle
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Registration: N62KZ
Airports: KAAF

Post by ultraturtle »

xyzbobxyz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:27 pmIf I was pressed today, I think I would be likely to steer towards a legacy 1000 / 700 setup w existing 345 over the Nxi craft.
I purchased a used DA62 with legacy G1000 but GTX335 (GTX345 would be a quick $10k upgrade), so might be able to provide a bit of insight.

First off, being a new platform, used DA62s are scarce, in high demand, and not likely to sell for significantly less than a new bird. Factor in loss of warranty support, and you may want to consider purchasing a new one. I did not think I could afford ordering new until after I already made the deal on mine, and had some second thoughts, but...

That said, the appeal of the keypad was cool, but not cool enough to make me jump. I would recommend you wait for either some sort of "Phase III" NXi or other software upgrade to Phase II that enables all of the features that really make NXi cool (GTX345 integration, visual approach guidance, etc...). Lots of pent up demand, with Diamond bleeding potential customers to other companies that have this stuff implemented already, so I cannot help but think it is a high priority for them and will come about sometime soon.
UTMark
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Registration: N100DA
Airports: KSPK

Post by UTMark »

So 62.078 would be an Austrian built aircraft?
CFIDave wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 am Just to address a few items from the previous post:

DA62 serial numbers in the form 62.XXX are built in Austria; serials 62.CXXX are built in Canada. Both are showing up in the North American region to meet customer demand. So 62.C021 offered by LifeStyle Aviation is not a typo: it's the 21st Canadian-built DA62.

I'm aware of at least one instance of an Austrian-built DA62 equipped with G1000 NXi Phase II that was ferried to the London, Ontario factory, where it had its GIA64W units temporarily replaced with NXi Phase I GIA63Ws to permit delivery. However, all new DA62s for sale now are expected to receive GIA64Ws and the new Bluetooth/3D-audio panel GMA 1360 after Transport Canada approves NXi Phase II. So buyers of all the new planes mentioned in the previous post will get the latest NXi Phase II avionics.

I expect we'll learn more at the upcoming Olathe, KS owner's meeting with Diamond and Garmin. I still plan on attending (avoiding the airlines by flying my DA62 there.)
KSPK, Spanish Fork, UT
N100DA DA-62 62.078
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

UTMark wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:47 am So 62.078 would be an Austrian built aircraft?
CFIDave wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 am Just to address a few items from the previous post:

Yup, your DA62 is number 78 off the Austrian production line (mine is number 56).
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Blueskieswinds@6
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bobby
Aircraft Registration: N38708
Airports: KDTO

Post by Blueskieswinds@6 »

So I was planning on purchasing my DA 62 in 2024 or 2025. Originally I mistakenly thought I could wait until ready, then shell out the cash to purchase my aircraft and 6 months later have it in my hangar. From reading these threads, it appears I better expect a 2 year wait from the day I commit to purchasing this aircraft? If so, I guess I should consider getting in line today since I couldn't have the aircraft before 2024 regardless. Does anyone know the minimum down payment I need to hand over to get on the waitlist now? Also, is it non-refundable? Not looking forward to cashing in investments for a deposit earning nothing over the next 2 years but I appreciate the information and experiences the group has had on that front.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Bryce
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryce
Aircraft Registration: N6KB
Airports: KRTS

Post by Bryce »

Based on your location, it appears that Premier has your territory so they're your dealer. Talk with them. My dealer is LifeStyle and I was able to put a small percentage down upon execution of the contract, a little more in 12 months from contract execution, another payment 6 months out from delivery, and balance due maybe a week before delivery. It wasn't volunteered until I said I was not comfortable putting a $320k (20%) deposit down for something I won't get for 2 years and have no guaranteed delivery date. John at LifeStyle was easy to work with, basically asking what I was comfortable with and he made the terms acceptable for both of us. From what I understand the dealers have already bought/committed to their allocation of aircraft, so the deposits are really going back to them since they pre-purchase the allocation. To what financial extent who knows.