3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Nigel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: DINDC
Airports: EDRY

Re: New DA 62 Owners

Post by NDCDA62 »

AUSTRO ENGINE AERO 5W-40 produced by LIQUI MOLY” is the manufacturer recommended engine oil for Austro Engine’s AE300 and AE330 series. It appears to be widely available in the U.S.
Attachments
Liqui Moly stockists
Liqui Moly stockists
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

NDCDA62 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:37 pm AUSTRO ENGINE AERO 5W-40 produced by LIQUI MOLY” is the manufacturer recommended engine oil for Austro Engine’s AE300 and AE330 series. It appears to be widely available in the U.S.
It's not widely available in the US. None of the locations on the map are anywhere close to the Washington, DC metropolitan area where my plane is based. If I search for the Austro oil online, I can't find any US distributors.

There are lots of local auto parts stores that carry Liqui Moly, but none carry the Austro Engine Aero-branded oil (there's too small a customer demand), and airport FBOs and MRO's don't carry it for the same reason.

This is just a marketing arrangement between Liqui Moly and Diamond to put Austro's name on the bottle so that Diamond owners will pay more for it.

Here is what appears to be the same oil available from Amazon -- this is included as one of the many approved oils listed in the Austro Engine Operations Manual:
https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-2332- ... 00LIC29H6/

But even without the Austro label, it's still 50% more expensive than Castrol.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
NDCDA62
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Nigel
Aircraft Registration: DINDC
Airports: EDRY

Post by NDCDA62 »

For those wishing to take this further, I guess the best person to ask for a definitive answer would be Dave Bibb Sales Director Liqui Molly USA, according to their website. dave.bibb@liqui-moly.com
robottwo
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Daniel
Aircraft Registration: N520DA
Airports: KFRG

Post by robottwo »

Hi! I recently purchased DA62.095, N520RA, based in KFRG. Just got my Multi last week, so finally able to be PIC :)

I was debating between an SR22 and the DA62. Honestly, the SR22 is a fantastic plane, but the DA62 is just way better for roughly the same operating and maintenance costs -- plus more carrying capacity and and an extra few seats!

Any other Diamond owners or enthusiasts on Long Island or nearby, please reach out!
janders
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jon
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N75RZ
Airports: KGYY

Post by janders »

robottwo wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:00 pm Hi! I recently purchased DA62.095, N520RA, based in KFRG. Just got my Multi last week, so finally able to be PIC :)

I was debating between an SR22 and the DA62. Honestly, the SR22 is a fantastic plane, but the DA62 is just way better for roughly the same operating and maintenance costs -- plus more carrying capacity and and an extra few seats!

Any other Diamond owners or enthusiasts on Long Island or nearby, please reach out!
Congrats Daniel!
Current E50P owner
Former C172 and DA62 owner