5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

DA62 Type Certificate Data Sheet

Post by CFIDave »

While looking up the DA42 type certificate, I accidentally discovered DA62 type certificate information. The DA62 systems are so similar to that of the DA42 that Diamond chose to add the DA62 to the end (Section E) of the DA42 TCDS.

https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu ... e%2028.pdf

So just as our DA42-VI is technically a DA42 NG in the TCDS, the DA62 is technically a DA42. :scratch:

At this point Diamond doesn't appear to have published the AFM/POH for the DA62 yet despite it being certified, so the TCDS is helpful for anyone who wants to see additional information about the plane. For example, Vmca is 75 knots, which is 3 knots faster than the DA42-VI.

Finally, the EASA TCDS only includes the 5-seat 1999 kg version of the DA62, so I'm guessing that Diamond is still working on getting the heavier 7-seat DA62 certified.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
DavidS
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: KHEF

Re: DA62 Type Certificate Data Sheet

Post by DavidS »

CFIDave wrote:Finally, the EASA TCDS only includes the 5-seat 1999 kg version of the DA62, so I'm guessing that Diamond is still working on getting the heavier 7-seat DA62 certified.
Looks like a DA42 with boost turned up on the engines and a bench seat in the back.

This one jumped out as well:
12. Flight into expected or actual icing conditions is prohibited.
I guess they're cheating and trying to jump ahead of certification by selling a bench-seated version and then coming back around later with the seven seat?

Clear as mud...