Anyone flown a DA62 and a TTx?

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

da50speed
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Logan
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NDA50
Airports:

Re: Anyone flown a DA62 and a TTx?

Post by da50speed »

Thanks, Dave and John! I really appreciate it. All great insights!!
joeyritchie

Post by joeyritchie »

When not flying my DA40, I've been flying a friend's Columbia 400, the fore runner of the TTx. It's fun, the side stick is easy to get used to and it's higher GW and wing loading makes it a bit more stable than the 40 when doing instrument approaches. You sit a little more upright in the front seats and the back is a bit tight. The 6-cyl is smooth and starts quickly. My passengers think it is much more difficult to get in and out of the passenger seat and definitely harder to get in the back.

My biggest disappointment is the load carrying capacity. With full tanks you are limited to about 450 lbs people + bags + your assorted anvil collection.

While I like the speed, built in O2 and Air Conditioner, the real world hit to your wallet at the gas pump hurts. If you operate at lean of peak, you can get about 155 ktas at 15 gal/hr. My DA40 does 140 ktas at 6-8000 and leans out to about 9.3 gph, while having about 560 of useful load with full tanks. I rarely fly with full tanks, so I can get my anvil collection in the back. :D

But it is fun to fly faster at 175 ktas in the C-400. You just have to be willing to burn 22+ gal/hr. Climb rate is great too.
JHarrison
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Jason
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N50588
Airports: KRPH

Post by JHarrison »

Garmin also does not support the G2000 in the TTx as well. Meaning no upgrades. Can not get the flight stream 510, etc. Maintenance on a TTx is very expensive. If your looking for a composite single Cirrus is the only option unless you are going to go experimental and not certified. Have a turbo 182 from Van Bortel and have thought/flown the TTx a couple of times and thought long and hard about making the move up. ME in a 42 and absolutely LOVE this plane compared to anything else. Barrons are nice as well but 100 LL and the fuel burn is just wow. If you can afford the acquisition cost the upkeep cost are the best in GA. You want to fly to the fancier FBOs because the jet fuel is usually cheaper.